Sign in to follow this  
clum

FO check problem post SP1

Just encountered the FO problem that others had a problem with. I never really used the product before the service pack as I was away, so never had the problem there, but as I understand it, it was supposed to be fixed with SP1?I've actually put in about ten flights over the last few days and this is the first time I've seen the issue. Notably the only thing that I did differently on this flight was to give the command for the FO to set 60% N1. After this he called 80kts/V1/Vr, but then went into the check loop after rotation. Any further fix? Or if not is there anything I can do to minimise the likelihood of this occurring? Would hate for it to happen during "Cross the pond" in a few weeks!CheersEDIT: Oh just remembered, another thing I did differently on this flight was to switch from the UK voice set to the EU one just before the after start checklist.

Just encountered the FO problem that others had a problem with. I never really used the product before the service pack as I was away, so never had the problem there, but as I understand it, it was supposed to be fixed with SP1?I've actually put in about ten flights over the last few days and this is the first time I've seen the issue. Notably the only thing that I did differently on this flight was to give the command for the FO to set 60% N1. After this he called 80kts/V1/Vr, but then went into the check loop after rotation. Any further fix? Or if not is there anything I can do to minimise the likelihood of this occurring? Would hate for it to happen during "Cross the pond" in a few weeks!CheersEDIT: Oh just remembered, another thing I did differently on this flight was to switch from the UK voice set to the EU one just before the after start checklist.
Well, based on the feedback I received SP1 should have fixed the 'check-check' issue, but I guess in your case you got it once in 10 flights, so I'm left scratching my head.See if you can reproduce it by doing what you said you did: "Oh just remembered, another thing I did differently on this flight was to switch from the UK voice set to the EU one just before the after start checklist."Cheers,

Ok will do. Actually done another couple since and it's been fine so maybe it was just a one off due to whatever reasons. Will give you a shout if it happens again.

Probably worth mentioning that I've experienced this another two times since posting this thread. Happened again today at some point after changing the voice from UK to EU as before, but also happened yesterday on approach to EDDF. Had done everything 100% according to the flow that time so voice change definitely wasn't an issue. FO wouldn't give me the landing checklist then after touchdown wouldn't respond to the "OK to clean up" phrase. After that he started doing the check,check,check thing.That's only two flights out of probably 50+ that I've done since getting the product so it's not really a big problem. Still might be worth taking a look at though.Cheers

I wouldn't really worry about it to be honest, as you say 2/50 is not a big deal. Just thought it would be worth keeping in mind just incase you stumble on another possible cause. If I make it through "cross the pond" without it happening then I'll be a happy man. Quite fancy the odds!

I wouldn't really worry about it to be honest, as you say 2/50 is not a big deal. Just thought it would be worth keeping in mind just incase you stumble on another possible cause. If I make it through "cross the pond" without it happening then I'll be a happy man. Quite fancy the odds!
Im getting this still aswell, today it happened right after controls, then I realized something, the only time I ever have these problems is when Im flying online, I use fsinn. Bryan is there away to shut down voice commander in mid flight and restart it? ie a process we could terminate in the task manager

bryan, I experienced the check check problem again today using FS9. I realise it happens everytime i say "OK to clean up" almost everytime when i interact with the US Flight attendant just before descent and before doing the approach briefing with the FO. Usually when i ask the FA "Any specials today?" or when i turn the seatbelt sign ON and the FA asks why. Basically everytime i interact with the FA during this stage, after landing the check check problem occurs.

bryan, I experienced the check check problem again today using FS9. I realise it happens everytime i say "OK to clean up" almost everytime when i interact with the US Flight attendant just before descent and before doing the approach briefing with the FO. Usually when i ask the FA "Any specials today?" or when i turn the seatbelt sign ON and the FA asks why. Basically everytime i interact with the FA during this stage, after landing the check check problem occurs.
Hmmm, are you using FSINN or any on-line ATC?

Did a flight this morning offline, and it didnt happen. I forgot to mention yesterday that when the check check problem occurs, even when the MUTE is activated and you say something, the FO still says check, like the MUTE doesnt work anymore. not sure how helpful that bit is. My next flight i will try flying online but in an area that has no ATC and another flight in an area with ATC and see if that makes a difference.

Hi Bryan,Ok two flights, two non responsive FO'sFirst one he quit during the after take off checklist, but still would run the MCP hdg, and alt windows.Second one, he quit during the control checks, again would only control MCP hdg and alt (spd at a push) but no mode changes, flaps, etc.Both time flying online on vatsim using the Australian server.First flight was with product out of the box from simmarket, second flight was as fitted with SP1.Tomorrow night will be a check flight back to VHHH offline, with no SB3/4 After that we are going to try IVAO.No crew change after starting the pre departure routine.I do hope that the product will work with at least one of the network system clients.Chris