Sign in to follow this  
bagpacker

Windows 7-64bit

After building a new rig and installing Windows7-64bit OS I am unable to get the LevelD B767 and PMDG aircraft working in FS9 (and in FSX)When trying to open PMDG aircraft FS9 freezes and when starting FS9 after installation of LevelD it says: unable to load LVLD.dll.I could not find any topic adressing this issue. If I missed something please guide me to it.System:MB ASUS M4A87TDCPU AMD PhenomIIX4955BEGC XFX Radeon HD5670Memory 4 gigOS Windows7-64bit

I personally don't have this problem, but I think I might know where the problem is... Where did you install FS9? In one of the Program Files folders? If so, you might have a problem. Windows 7 is very protective when it comes to that folder... I'd actually recommend reinstalling FS9 to a place that's somewhere like C:/Flight SImulator 9/If that's not the problem, though, I wouldn't know what the problem is...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I personally don't have this problem, but I think I might know where the problem is... Where did you install FS9? In one of the Program Files folders? If so, you might have a problem. Windows 7 is very protective when it comes to that folder... I'd actually recommend reinstalling FS9 to a place that's somewhere like C:/Flight SImulator 9/If that's not the problem, though, I wouldn't know what the problem is...
I indeed installed FS9 in Program Files folder; will try if is improves by installing in a difeerent folder. Edited by bagpacker

I indeed installed FS9 in Program Files folder; will try if is improves by installing in a difeerent folder.
I have my FS9 and FSX installed in the Program Files folder and don't have any problems with PMDG or LD757. Try checking if you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed.Also make sure you have Win7 setup to run as administrator and file sharing turned on for your FS installs.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I indeed installed FS9 in Program Files folder; will try if is improves by installing in a different folder.
No improvement after reinstall in folder: FSGames
I have my FS9 and FSX installed in the Program Files folder and don't have any problems with PMDG or LD757. Try checking if you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed.Also make sure you have Win7 setup to run as administrator and file sharing turned on for your FS installs.
Thanks, will check on that.

Also make sure you have Win7 setup to run as administrator and file sharing turned on for your FS installs.
That's indeed a very important one. I doubt the problem is with FSUIPC, for the program says it can't load lvld.dll, so it seems to me that it ahs problems getting access to that file, or the file is corrupt...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

No improvement after reinstall in folder: FSGamesThanks, will check on that.
Bill, I managed to get LevelD B767 working on FS9 after a new reintall via Flight1.For FSX I also had a new reinstall via Flight1 but this does not work sofar.

Bill, I managed to get LevelD B767 working on FS9 after a new reintall via Flight1.For FSX I also had a new reinstall via Flight1 but this does not work sofar.
Do you have a modules folder in your FSX directory? By default FSX does not create a modules folder. You must do that yourself. Do a complete unistall, reboot, then do a install as the administrator with adimin rights and security the the place you install FSX. then reboot again.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Do you have a modules folder in your FSX directory? By default FSX does not create a modules folder. You must do that yourself. Do a complete unistall, reboot, then do a install as the administrator with adimin rights and security the the place you install FSX. then reboot again.
Bill, renamed Modules folder in FSX and reinstalled the program as administrator. It worked OK! A new modules folder was created with lvld.dll and I copied this dll file to the original modulesfolder and renamed that again and deleted the newly created one. Everything works fine now.I am now trying to find a solution for the PMDG B600/700 but this would not even Install! It stops after 3 seconds.Thanks for help everyone.Henk

The Level-D Forum has a link to resolving most of their software issues with W7 64 bit. Checkout their site. Also, I recently had a issue that was not addressed in their forum. My problem was with the reordering of security & folder permissions. Checkout the site for answers.Tom

The Level-D Forum has a link to resolving most of their software issues with W7 64 bit. Checkout their site. Also, I recently had a issue that was not addressed in their forum. My problem was with the reordering of security & folder permissions. Checkout the site for answers.Tom
Thanks, I checked this and other relevant sites frequently.Henk

Bill, renamed Modules folder in FSX and reinstalled the program as administrator. It worked OK! A new modules folder was created with lvld.dll and I copied this dll file to the original modulesfolder and renamed that again and deleted the newly created one. Everything works fine now.I am now trying to find a solution for the PMDG B600/700 but this would not even Install! It stops after 3 seconds.Thanks for help everyone.Henk
Switched UAC of, ran the program with WindowsXP-sp3 compatibility and look: installation of PMDG 737 now went smoothly!Henk de J.

Switched UAC of, ran the program with WindowsXP-sp3 compatibility and look: installation of PMDG 737 now went smoothly!Henk de J.
I assumed you had UAC switched off already, but I'm glad you got things going. When I installed the PMDG 737 in Win7, if I remember I used SP2 compatibility mode.

Bill McIntyre

I have just installed PMDG 747 & Level-D 767 in Windows 7 64-bit and also have problems. Rather than repeat the details, see here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/301279-installing-fs-in-windows-7/What graphics card do you use? nVidia? GTX? Got a reply from PMDG support saying my black screens are a known (graphics drivers) issue. Maybe your problems stem from this too. As the cards are quite new, there aren't many drivers to choose from.Martin

I have just installed PMDG 747 & Level-D 767 in Windows 7 64-bit and also have problems. Rather than repeat the details, see here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/301279-installing-fs-in-windows-7/What graphics card do you use? nVidia? GTX? Got a reply from PMDG support saying my black screens are a known (graphics drivers) issue. Maybe your problems stem from this too. As the cards are quite new, there aren't many drivers to choose from.Martin
I have the XFX Radeon HD5670 installed. Installation of the PMDG 747 in FS9 went smoothly afterall but after a short while the displays in the cockpit turn black. Tried removal and reinstall with or without UAC and compatibility on or off, no cure.Henk de J.