Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

FS9 Configurator

Guest tfriend

Hi Ken,Thanks for the great utility. Very, very handy to have.Best regards,Tom

Guest RonB49

Thanks Ken, this is a keeper. Have you considered an interpretter for the key codes in the "Keyboard" sections? I don't know if it is possible but it would be easier to use if it listed the actual keys instead of something like 49,8 or 72,11. R-

Guest RobK

Thanks for this great utility Ken! Makes finding my way around the fs9.cfg file much easier. :-)Rob

Guest Pepe

I'm using W98SE with IE6 installed.What I see looks just like the screenshots in the messages above except the window on the right is blank.The column headers are there but are very close together so the only way to read them is to drag the vertical separators to the right.The read-me mentions "fs9help.ini", that rascal is no where to be found.I tried installing in the same directory as FS2004/FS9, in a separate folder and in the same folder as the fs9.cfg file. Still no luck. Does the install location matter?Thanks for your help. Sorry to be a problem child but this looks like it could be a nice little program.Thanks again.

Guest champion

Hi Ken,Thanks for the great utility.

Guest Ken_Salter

1) I only have XP to test on - so maybe it is a W98 prob?2) So the window on the left has entries? What happens if you click on one of the entries, like PANELS? Nothing appears on the right?3) The fs9help.ini does not come with the installation. It is built by the software as you add help comments to each entry. It was my intention that the community could build a fs9help.ini with comments that could be shared.4) Install location does not matter.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

The idea of a Save As command to save tweaks to different config files is an excellent idea.A batch file can be used to load the type of config needed and launch FS9. It would make life very easy. :-cool

Guest rogue1

Actually, Ken could tweak a bit and allow you to select the configuration you want, then launch the simulator from inside the utility. Right, Ken? :-) I've not downloaded, but I'm assuming VB? If you need any assistance, please let me know, I'd be happy to lend a hand tweaking this utility. I do VB6 and VB.NET.Jim

Guest Ken_Salter

VB???? Heck No! :-lolSorry I guess I'm old school - this is a C++ app. ;-)Yeah I see that coming in v 1.2 - v1.1 has been upload to the library and as soon as I see it I will post changes and additions...http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

Ken,The first number is the WIndows key code, the second number (8,9,10,11) an indication of shifting (None, Cntr, Shift, Shift-Cntr).See also the FSUIPC Advanced User maunal. COntains a full list.Rob