Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

FS9 Configurator

Guest Pepe

>1) I only have XP to test on - so maybe it is a W98 prob?Maybe thats the problem.>>2) So the window on the left has entries? What happens if you>click on one of the entries, like PANELS? Nothing appears on>the right?The panel on the left does have all the entries shown in the screenshots above.Nothing at all is displayed in the right panel if I click on the entries to the left. Tried single and double clicking. Pointer does change to a hand.I played with the program a bit more tonight.I clicked on Panels, then from the menu, Edit/Add New Key.Entered;Key = TestValue = 111Help = Help MeClicked SaveResult was that the value I entered was displayed on the right panelThen I clicked on the Weather entry on the left then Panels again.After clicking on Panels the second time the right panel went blank again but the Key and Value (test=111) were added to the fs9.cfg file and fs9help.ini was also created containing;(PANELS) (interesting square brackets remove text inside them)test=Help MeApparently the program in finding and creating the files it needs but for some reason is unable to display the entries.Perhaps it will not work with W98.Anyone out there have it working on W98?Thanks for trying Ken.

Guest Sinbad

Afraid I'm running 98SE also with the same blank panel results.I will test for you also if you wish.Steve Harwood

Guest Pepe

>Well that is just weird. Can I blame Microsoft? :-lolSure why not! :-lol>OK I'll see what I can find..Thanks>May I use you for a beta tester?Be glad to help any way I can. Lots of people here have helped me maybe some one else is or will have the same problem.Just let me know what I can do.

Guest rogue1

No prob. Just figured that the requirement for IE 5.5 or higher meant you were using VB Scripting Host. Haven't done any C++ programming since '93 or so. Most of my work is now VB or Java.Just got the latest version, only thing I would recommend is when I select an item in the left frame, it autosized the columns in the right frame to the longest value for each column; would be nice to set my own column widths and have them remembered. More as I peruse with a good FS9.CFG, earlier I was at the office and just playing around with the tool.Jim