Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

New MP3 Player for FS2004

Guest Timbo

Using MeatWater's findings, I was able to write an HTML/JavaScript MP3 player that will work with any aircraft. It runs on the Windows Media Player engine so it can also play WAV's and other audio files. Here are some pics:

I'm going to do some more beta testing on it and revise the looks of it, but after that it should be up for download.[table][tr][td]http://timbo87.home.comcast.net/sig/vulc.jpg[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table

Hey Tim, very cool! I have imported the R Clark MP3 player I used in FS2002 into the panels of the aircraft I fly the most (421, bell206, seneca, etc), it works great in FS9, but has a preset of 6 songs and this gets old after a bit, I would use the CD player function more, but it takes too many resources to use it so I stick with preset WAVS. I like the look of having an actual player you can click on in the panel, adds to the realism, but this looks sweet, can't wait to try it!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

>Using MeatWater's findings, I was able to write an>HTML/JavaScript MP3 player that will work with any aircraft.>It runs on the Windows Media Player engine so it can also play>WAV's and other audio files. Here are some pics:Impact on framerates?Thanks for any further infoBarry

Guest outtatimeiii

Just a quick question, will it play when the kneeboard is closed or only while the kneeboard is in view?Also, just wondering if it would be possible to have Winamp (instead of WMP) play in a page like that. Im asking this because most of my music is encoded in FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) and that does not play in Windows Media Player (at least I havent seen anything that will let me anyway).

Guest Timbo

Zack,If WinAmp can be embedding into a web page you could run it in FS2004. Otherwise there's no way to run it without running WinAmp in the background. Unfortunately you can't close the kneeboard but you may be able to drag it off the screen or shrink it, I haven't checked.Barry,I haven't done any FPS checks yet but in general WMP only uses 5-10MB of RAM tops so the FPS hit should be minimal to non-existentThe Windows app is coming along nicely and should be done in the next day or day.[table][tr][td]http://timbo87.home.comcast.net/sig/vulc.jpg[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table

Guest cast1010

Hi Tim, that also sounds very promising, would be nice to hear some tones while cruising in a long flight. This great finding (thanks to MeatWater, Stimmy and you) is getting better and better.Now that you've found the way to interact with Windows Media Player within FS2004, do you think it would be posible to watch live stream video?Keep up the great work.Carlos.