Sign in to follow this  
Guest artl

Anybody who installed Geof's Deb in FS2004???

Guest artl

I tried to install it.1. I copied the Aircraft folder from FS20022. I copied the guages from fS2002 guage folder to FS2004 Gauge folder3. I aliased the sound.cfg to point to beech_baron_58sound4. On the panel I removed the references to his ATC gauge, to the two GPSes and to the Air Traffic Detector, which, as I understand it, are incompatible with FS2004.Now the deb will fly, but whenever I try to click some switch (such as gear-down), or change the view (from the 2-d cockpit), a small error dialog comes up with the title: "Soundlib - Fehler", and the content of the dialog window is: "Sound-file ungueltig", and an "OK" button.Dismissing this dialog twice keeps the flight going. Then it comes up later, and so on. The sound seems okay, although engine sound seems weak. The gear sound, for example, is there and quite loud.Is sound referenced somewhere other than the Aircraft's "sound" folder???Anybody got any ideas?Thanks.Art.

hi,i have this aircraft in fs2004.i think you have to open the fs9.cfg and put (OLD MODULES) and under that put in fssound.dllor something to that affect.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Copy the files in the deb sound folder to the fs2004 sound folder-that should take care of it..If you or anyone else gets it purrrrinngg-perhaps someone can upload a new panel.cfg to the library. I kinda trashed mine and don't have the time or effort to redo it?! lolhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest artl

...>If you or anyone else gets it purrrrinngg-perhaps someone can>upload a new panel.cfg to the library. I kinda trashed mine>and don't have the time or effort to redo it?! lol...It looks like insertion of fssound.dll was the answer.I do have it purring... but I don't really see a need for a new panel upload. Just download what is already in the library and:I took out the original GPSs and put it the default FS9 version instead. And the ATC gauge and Traffic detector gave some sort of "incompatible" messages at the start, so I just took them out. Would like to know if anybody has the traffic detector working, especially.I think it's even more docile under fs9 than under fs2002, if that were possible. And I am running an "overweight" version (2130 instead of 1800), based on some weight specs for a B33 that I found on-line. You may recall that I had also played with XML versions of the ASI and VSI. Well, FS9 does not seem to recognize the "ImageSizes= " in XML, so I will have to redo the VSI needle bitmap so that it fits the gauge properly. I would assume that since all the other gauges work, then your original ASI and VSI must be working, too.Other than that, the Deb behaves very well.