Sign in to follow this  
thebigmanwiththeplan

md11 autoflight question.

Hi guys.Right i am learning this brilliant aircraft hwever everytime on takeoff this problem occurs. I press autoflight once to arm auto thrust (works fine) i arm nav and prof and takeoff i hear the click and to thrust is set but when i press autoflight again for the autopilot the alarm goes off saying the autopilot is off??!!! I therefore go in the vc disconnect autopilot the re-engage. y does this happen.Thanks in advance.

Hi Shayan,I never hit Auotflight until ready for the auto pilot to take over personally. I arm Nav and Prof, then after I'm tracknig the FD and all is stable I will usually then hand it off to AP.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi guys.Right i am learning this brilliant aircraft hwever everytime on takeoff this problem occurs. I press autoflight once to arm auto thrust (works fine) i arm nav and prof and takeoff i hear the click and to thrust is set but when i press autoflight again for the autopilot the alarm goes off saying the autopilot is off??!!! I therefore go in the vc disconnect autopilot the re-engage. y does this happen.Thanks in advance.
The minimum altitude to engage the Autopilot on the MD11 is 400ft AGL , have a read of the limitations section of the FCOM

Rob Prest

FLEX1978 is correct, if you press autoflight to engage the AP below 400 ft, it WILL shutoff ap guidance. You have to wait until you are 400 or higher.