Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Ft. Lauderdale (KFLL) airport scenery help

I have Ft. Lauderdale (kfll) airport scenery (kfll.zip) by Michael Ruehl and I would like to know how to get rid of that big mountain thing that is in the ocean just offshore from the airport.

Turn every problem into an opportunity ... have you flown over it yet? Not only is it rather attractive but it has a massive great hole in the middle. You might want to try descending inside the crater in your Jet Ranger ....... but I don't have your answer .... when all else fails, have you tried asking the author? His email was in the original README: IceGator0317@netscape.netPlease post if you find out whether he nuked it or something. I'll live with it, otherwise ... his scenery for the FLL area is so good that it's well worth the pain. Can't understand why MS cobbled up the Intracoastal in FS2002 when it was there in FS2000. I'm now off to have a look at it in FS9 ....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

No I haven't flown over it, and I had the scenery for awhile now :-lolAnd I already emailed the author about 5 days ago, but haven't gotten a response.

Just had a look at it in FS9. Yuk. The Intracoastal looks like a dried up stream and the port of Fort Lauderdale like a backyard pond. As I say, it was quite well rendered in FS2000 but seems to have gone through a software drought since.I'd stick with your mountain!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I think I may have just fixed it! I un-installed the FLL scenery then went into the FLL scenery folder and took out the water.bgl file then loaded the FLL scenery back. I didn't see the big water mountain thing anymore after I went back to FLL!