Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

FSmeteo 6.2 server problems..

Guest Binzy

Hi Yes i have the same problem and did email Marc about it but had no response as yet , fingers crossed he will sort it out . I just hope the weather doesnt pop up as it did before .Regards Rob

Guest DavidR

I am also having the problem with FSMeteo 6.2 where it stops when downloading winds. I did discover a work-around, though.Start up FS Meteo and go to Preferences. Select "Use VATSIM Weather" and then do the online weather thing.It will try the VATSIM server first, which will fail, and then will fall back to the FS Meteo server, where it does get connected, just like normal when using FS Meteo weather. But, for me at least, it doesn't hang during the winds download when I do it this way.HTH,Dave

Guest TWA23

>"Just got the 6.2 upgrade and it looks as if it is connecting to se>rver 200 but then hangs part way through the 'downloading winds'"Same thing here... Sean

Guest SteveJ

I have the same hang when FS Meteo 6.2 is downloading winds....it freezes about at about 20%.I have another question about setting up the program, and I figured Marc would be covered up with emails so thought I would ask it here.The installation readme tells how to set-up a new program, but unless I've overlooked it, I can't find detailed instructions for how to upgrade from previous 6.01 version to 6.2. I have my FS Meteo folders under C:Program FilesFS_Meteo so I copied my zip file to desktop and unzipped it in the existing folder, overwriting the files. I can start the program ok from the shortcut icon in the folder and the 6.2 screen comes up but hangs when downloading winds.But I haven't figured out how to move or copy this shortcut to my desktop to have it easily accessible. The instructions say drag it to desktop, then right click and under properties then click the shortcut tab and make sure its pointing to the proper folder. Right clicking my desktop shortcut shows it listing its location as the desktop, and I can't find any "shortcut tab" with "start in" path to change it.I didn't have any problems upgrading to 6.01....don't remember what I did at that time. I'm confused on what I'm doing wrong this time around. Any help appreciated. Steve J.System: XP1800+/512/Ti4200(30.82)/WinXPHome

Guest etanin

Yes there seems to be a problem with 6.2 and the servers.To make the shortcut go in the fsmeteo folder then right click on the fsmeteo program, it should then have options to create a short cut. Now after you created the shortcut copy and paste the shortcut to the desktop.

Guest SteveJ

OK, thanks, silly oversight....I was just trying to copy the fsmeteo exe file directly to my desktop rather than making a shortcut copy first and then moving it. Disregard (But yes, still having problems with the hang......looking forward to trying the new features of 6.2....I hope the weather transitions are more gradual......) Steve J.

Guest SteveJ

Version 6.2 is back online for me....no longer hangs downloading winds. Only problem is that I used it together with the new "VPN kneeboard weather radar" and the two did not exactly match-up. The noaa weather radar was showing widespread rain over seattle, but no rain or low vis at KSEA with fsmeteo. I guess there is a difference, perhaps a time difference, in the two databases?

Guest Stephan

Same here now. I had problems downloading yesterday but all went well 24 hours before at my first try with 6.2

For those of you having problems with stutters/flashes when using FS Meteo, try disabling "Render to texture" in your graphics options.I believe it has something to do with how FS2004 renders distant clouds.Worked for me.

John

Guys, this hanging problem occured with version 6.0 and was corrected with 6.1 and it now seems to haved creeped back into 6.2. I am not using FS2004/6.2 yet due to computer swap-out but you guys really need to let Marc know. Complaining here gets you nowhere. An email to Marc will do the trick as I do not think he monitors these forums.

Eric 

This is exactly the right place to make him aware of the problem, he doesnt have a forum himself, and i think he does monitor these forums.OHN

Guest LLgaz

I'm at FL350 flying EWR to MIA.....about halfway there, using FSMeteo 6.2. Its working perfectly. I think the servers are back up.:-jumpy Anthony