Sign in to follow this  
Dil52

MAAM FS2004/2002 R4D-6/DC-3A?

I must be loosing something in my nogen.Straight%20Face.gifWhat is version FS2004/2002 R4D-6/DC-3A? The CD and download is listed as FS2004/2002 R4D-6/DC-3/C47 Could this be it?

Hello 'Dil52',although I don't have the MAAM-SIM DC-3/C-47, I think I can help you to answer your question.I think you have just the proper version of the MAAM-SIM (at least what I can read from your post). The Douglas DC-3 has many 'names' such as Douglas DST, DC-3, DC-3A, R4D-6, C-47, Dakota and many many more.Look here to see some of the names of the DC-3. You can also look on this page for more info about the DC-3.Klaus

Klaus,Thanks for the reply!It's not exactly what I meant. I’m aware there were several versions of the DC-3, including several DC-3A models, that were introduced in the 1930’s and 40’shttp://www.douglasdc...faa/a-669.pdfto I’ve seen liveries and other additional addons on several FS sites stating that the MAAM-SIM R4D-6/DC3A package is required.I've spent much time sorting through the MAAM web site for such a "package" without success.Thanks for validating my point though. It seems as though I’m not the only one who's confused?!?!. Straight%20Face.gif fred

Hi Fred,now I know what you mean. I think there are several packages for the MAAM-SIM (like the BPB_FS9.ZIP available at flightsim.com). I think the package you're searching after is the basic package, but since I don't have the MAAM-SIM DC-3, maybe some of the MAAM-SIM users can help you better.Klaus

Hi Klaus,The package you are looking for is the R4D/DC-3/C-47 Add-on that you can purchase only from the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum Store. BTW, it does not mention the DC-3A in the package title, which may be throwing you off. That's a designation the particular repainter used in his repaint title.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Klaus,The package you are looking for is the R4D/DC-3/C-47 Add-on that you can purchase only from the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum Store. BTW, it does not mention the DC-3A in the package title, which may be throwing you off. That's a designation the particular repainter used in his repaint title.
Thanks Bill,Actually it was I, not Klaus, who was inquiring.Klaus was trying to help, but was confused as well. I rather suspected that, but just wanted to be positive before ordering. Perhaps this thread itself may clerify what is meant exactly by the "DC-3A package." There are a couple repainters who have refered to the new FS/9-FSX version as that. It would probably help to mention that in the description as well, or at least tell the repainters of the confusion that can occur.As you can see, from the posts above, there were several versions of the DC-3 that were (DC-3A xxxx) versions introduced in 1939 and the early 40's. I have the RD4-DC-3 2002/2004 CD and the free dowloaded C-47.I also have the FS2000 CD..I'll just go ahead and order the version 10 CD, since it includes the R4D/DC-3/C-47 for both FS9 and FSX as well.I like the CD's for what one might consider collector's items, or as others might say, items that collect dust.LOL.gifRegards,fred

Thanks Bill,Actually it was I, not Klaus, who was inquiring.Klaus was trying to help, but was confused as well. I rather suspected that, but just wanted to be positive before ordering. Perhaps this thread itself may clerify what is meant exactly by the "DC-3A package." There are a couple repainters who have refered to the new FS/9-FSX version as that. It would probably help to mention that in the description as well, or at least tell the repainters of the confusion that can occur.As you can see, from the posts above, there were several versions of the DC-3 that were (DC-3A xxxx) versions introduced in 1939 and the early 40's. I have the RD4-DC-3 2002/2004 CD and the free dowloaded C-47.I also have the FS2000 CD..I'll just go ahead and order the version 10 CD, since it includes the R4D/DC-3/C-47 for both FS9 and FSX as well.I like the CD's for what one might consider collector's items, or as others might say, items that collect dust.LOL.gifRegards,fred
Thanks, Fred. We appreciate the business.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org