Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

panels/FSUIPC for FS2004 - especially for FFX DC10 & B738

After some agonising, I bought FS2004 recently.I understood that GMAX FS2002 aircraft were generally compatible with FS2004, and that seems to be the case.Without being unduly technical (because I don't know what I'm talking about), late model, non-standard FS2002 panels are however giving me a real headache, with gauges not being recognised when copied over into FS2004 etc.I'm particularly keen on the FFX DC10 (for which I was using Helio Estrela's DC10 panel in FS2002) and the FFX Boeing 738 (using the Boeing 737-7NG Next Generation panel by Andy Karlstetter). Neither of these work for me in FS2004, although no doubt going by the quality of their FS2002 work, these two gentlemen will get around to converting them into excellent FS2004 products once the SDK's are available.I have recently obtained and installed FSUIPC 3.04, although I haven't registered it (yet). My understanding is that even when unregistered it should work with FSUIPC gauges which predated FSUIPC going payware and in any event, I'm not seeing any FSUIPC error messages.Is everyone having these sorts of problems with panels developed at the end of the FS2002 life cycle, which I naively assumed would be compatible with FS2004? Or is it just me, even though I've tried to install the panels in FS2004 with care?I see there a lots of FS2004 repaints appearing for the DC10. What are people using as a panel?Any thoughts?

ngxu_banner.png

It's my understanding that panels that required FSUIPC in FS2002 either:1. need FSUIPC to be registered by the user in FS2004 to function correctly, or ....2. the panel author needs to have his gauges/programs accredited by Peter Dowson - with a key, in other words - for them to function in FS2004, in which case the user doesn't need a registered version of FSUIPC. Peter is doing this for bona fide freeware developers, which strikes a very fair balance, I think.I may not be right on this, but I'm never ever wrong, as Watt A. Loda Ball-Chit once said.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I don't think that's entirely true, Dark Moment. Case in point: Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel. I have the payware version of FSUIPC 3.06 and Bill's panel does not work for me in FS9 -- this time (I've deleted and reloaded FS9 once). First time it did work with FSUIPC v.3.01 but not now. Also goes for the updated Paul Golding MD80 panel by Leon Seale. Both worked at first but after reloading FS9 neither do -- and every gauge in these panels is brought up by FS9 as incompatable :-hmmm I'd like to know why that is, also. They're just .gau files. Why would they be ok in FS2002 and not ok in FS9? Doesn't make any sense to me.

That sounds like one of the other issues to me, Steve. Got FSSound.dll in your MODULES folder? The necessary disclaimer for it in your FS9.CFG file? Got GaugeSound.dll in your main FS9 directory and in your WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder?Remember also that you are loading FS2002 panels there which have yet to be brought up to date officially by their authors. Some gauges may cause problems in any case.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest allcott

As far as I have read, there was never, EVER, a guarantee of compatibility of FS2002 products in FS9/2004. If it works, great, if it doesn't then bin it and move on or wait for someone to fix it. So many behind the scene changes were made for FS9 it's a miracle anything from the earlier version works at all.As far as FSUIPC is concerned, the issue is complicated. If the old panel relied on features in FSUIPC that are only available in registered versions, then it won't work with the free version, only with the registered. Its down to the features in the panel or the addon. Allcott

Guest FS_freak

Back to the main issue:What panel are people using with the FFX/SGA DC10's that are being downloaded like crazy? And what about the sweet 737 line from the same guys? Any panel other than the default?Main question is: Which FS2002 panels are known to work on FS9 or have already been adapted to do so by the original authors?Thanks, Mauricio

Thanks!!!! I just can't believe that I missed putting FSSound.dll into my Modules folder. It was there on the first install but I forgot the darned thing the second time! :+ Steve :-wave

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi All,For a DC-10 panel how about trying this one from the Avsim library...hedc103.zip.zip (that is not a typo, that is the full name of the file)It is an FS2002 panel, but I have heard(have not used it myself) that it works fine in FS2004, other than it has a gauge that requires FSUIPC. If you have the registed version of FSUIPC I'm thinking this shouldn't be a problem for you. Otherwise I hear you can choose to ignore the error and continue, you just won't get that gauge. It would be nice if you came back here and let us know how it worked out for you if you decided to try it. ;)Regards,Jim

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello,I JUST came across another panel that looks to be very good for the DC-10. If someone trys it out would you please report back what you thought of it?FS2004/FSACOF RealDC10 v2.0 panel. Photo realistic panel of this famous classic DC-10, specially good if used with FFX modelin FSACOF. Fixed many issues on previous version and added new views to make this panel excellentfor long international flights. You can go to the passenger cabin, to the lavatory and you evenhave a trolley with a lunch/snack in case you feel "virtually" hungry. Also you can check themain door and a get a smile from a helpful flight attendant. See Readme.doc for details.Exclusive views never seen before in our flightsimming hobby. Uses gauges from several authors. See also my B707 and Caravelle models. They all work fine in Fs2004 and Fs2002.By Luis Kmentt Jrhttp://www.mstrain.org/fs2000/addons/dc10v204.zipThanks,Jim

Thanks, thinking about the first reply I got, the more I thought it could not be an FSUIPC problem.On closer examination, some of the gauges which are missing are in fact simple light switches - which have "clicks" attached!What with transferring AI aircraft loving downloaded for FS2002, changing the .air and .cfg files for Aardvark 737's and DC9's, a new version of Voicepak, FSUIPC and FSNavigator, I did forget the sound.dll file, even though. This is despite the fact that the download instructions for the DC10 panel are very clear on the subject!Incidentally, the hedc103.zip.zip panel someone refers to below IS the Helio Estrela panel I'm talking about.I'll check to see if that fixes the problem and then try the B738 panel again (ndk739v20022ndgen.zip if you are interested). My gut feel is that that isn't the same problem, but we'll see!Thanks to all

ngxu_banner.png

Guest FS_freak

Hey Jim, I just downloaded the panel from mstrain although my hopes are not that high after seeing the preview of the main panel. Kinda sloppy bitmap. I'll try it out and let ya know.I just noticed I had not installed the fssound module when I tried to install Helio's panel which probably is the reason why I got an empty overhead (no clickable buttons). However, some of the main gauges are also missing. I do not have the payware FSUIPC. I'll give it another try anyways. BTW, anybody know wher I can get Steffan's DC10 panel? His site seems to be down.Hey "ailchim", please do get back to us about the 738 panel.Cheers,Mauricio

Guest FS_freak

The panel from mstrain? Forget about it. Nice features but the main panel is a bummer.Helio Estrela just uploaded a bunch of fixes and updates for his 732, 733 and DC10 panels. I tried two of them and they work great in FS9. On a still DC10 with engines off the a/p increments are screwed up but as soon as you get airborne you can set your a/p with no problems. You can find them athttp://www.hepanels.vflight.org/downloads/index.htmMauricio