Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlaaklypaGranPrix

Upgrade Rookie

Well maddog, I think thats total BS what you are just saying ! There are people like me who don't have the knowledge to build a pc, but I do indeed have knowledge with software within the pc. So please don't call people like me who don't build their pc's by themselfs, stupid.....Getting fed up already when I read posts like this....Shame%20On%20You.gif

but not everyone is able to build a rig, it's not easy!
Hence my suggestion of an Alienware box, if he chooses to go Dell..........And really, you know it's not difficult to build one. What you probably mean is that it is difficult to do homework to figure out what is needed. That is not for the layman, who doesn't know NCQ from PCIe, and just wants to fly.However, this is the AVSIM hardware forum. If it's anything like it used to be, he need do no more than ask, and several people here will provide the exact hardware he might want to use based on his budget. The rest can be done with a Phillips screwdriver.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well maddog, I think thats total BS what you are just saying ! There are people like me who don't have the knowledge to build a pc, but I do indeed have knowledge with software within the pc. So please don't call people like me who don't build their pc's by themselfs, stupid.....Getting fed up already when I read posts like this....Shame%20On%20You.gif
HelloWhere did I call anyone stupid?Anyone can build a PC, It may take a little reading of a few hardware websites (google is good for this)Then you plug in the cards you have bought into the MB you have chosen, they only fit the correct slots and will only fit in the one correct orientation. thats hard?you plug in the cables, again they only fit the correct sized sockets and are keyed for orientation. Hard?Then you load your software.Expressed as a sequence of steps, Getting out of bed , showering and making breakfast is more complex.I have met folk who have built their own home from the ground up who tell me they could not build a PC, Then we build one together and they never look back.I doubt if I could build my own house, that to me is complex.

Hence my suggestion of an Alienware box, if he chooses to go Dell..........And really, you know it's not difficult to build one. What you probably mean is that it is difficult to do homework to figure out what is needed. That is not for the layman, who doesn't know NCQ from PCIe, and just wants to fly.However, this is the AVSIM hardware forum. If it's anything like it used to be, he need do no more than ask, and several people here will provide the exact hardware he might want to use based on his budget. The rest can be done with a Phillips screwdriver.
I don't agree with either of you I've seen many PCs built and built one myself and it's not AT ALL easy easpecially since the guy is a novice (Upgrade rookie :) ) The wiring get's very complex and knowing what to plug in where. Its best done with the step by step help (in person) with someone who knows how... And why are you telling him to get alienware if it's just so easy to build, don't be rediculous please. It just seems easy to you because you've been through the prosses plenty of times.

HelloWhere did I call anyone stupid?Anyone can build a PC, It may take a little reading of a few hardware websites (google is good for this)Then you plug in the cards you have bought into the MB you have chosen, they only fit the correct slots and will only fit in the one correct orientation. thats hard?you plug in the cables, again they only fit the correct sized sockets and are keyed for orientation. Hard?Then you load your software.Expressed as a sequence of steps, Getting out of bed , showering and making breakfast is more complex.I have met folk who have built their own home from the ground up who tell me they could not build a PC, Then we build one together and they never look back.I doubt if I could build my own house, that to me is complex.
Maddog, I still don't agree. Like Luckyman said, of course it is easy to say if you have done it 20times, but like I said if you don't have the knowledge and the time, which many people don't have, building yourself a pc is a NO GO ! I'm glad your able to, but I'm not. If you have time, you can come over the pond to germany and show me how to build a perfect pc, I wouldn't mind thatRolling%20Eyes.gif

Maddog, I still don't agree. Like Luckyman said, of course it is easy to say if you have done it 20times, but like I said if you don't have the knowledge and the time, which many people don't have, building yourself a pc is a NO GO ! I'm glad your able to, but I'm not. If you have time, you can come over the pond to germany and show me how to build a perfect pc, I wouldn't mind thatRolling%20Eyes.gif
HelloThe first time just takes longer like anything in life.Watch this video and then tell me it is hard, I wish I could stand next to you and demonstrate how easy it is.but this video will have to suffice.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NxsHpaL_s

HelloThe first time just takes longer like anything in life.Watch this video and then tell me it is hard, I wish I could stand next to you and demonstrate how easy it is.but this video will have to suffice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NxsHpaL_s

So this isn't easy, Looks at all the wires you need to plug into the MOBO you obviouly need to know quite a bit and do a lot of research. This is really going no where so I'd like to drop it!

And why are you telling him to get alienware if it's just so easy to build, don't be rediculous please.
I don't know you, but there is no need to be like that to someone you don't know. In the past this forum was for dispassionate commentary, no need to call people "ridiculous", that sort of unpleasantness will get you noticed fast. So yes, do as you say in your other post and please do drop it. I was just trying to help the guy out, sheesh.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

So this isn't easy, Looks at all the wires you need to plug into the MOBO you obviouly need to know quite a bit and do a lot of research. This is really going no where so I'd like to drop it!
HelloWow it must really look hard for you."All the wires" are color coded , keyed ie will only fit one way.The motherboard manual explains where to plug them in using extremely simple terms like "plug the 24pin connector into the 24pin socket" complete with picture of the socket.Or plug your CPU coolers fan connector into the socket marked "CPU fan"Come on how hard is that?Interestingly you say that "you obviously need to know quite a bit and do a lot of research"In my experience if you do a lot of research you will by default end up knowing quite a bit, and it is fun.Thats why we are PC enthusiasts?

I don't know you, but there is no need to be like that to someone you don't know. In the past this forum was for dispassionate commentary, no need to call people "ridiculous", that sort of unpleasantness will get you noticed fast. So yes, do as you say in your other post and please do drop it. I was just trying to help the guy out, sheesh.
What is this a forum for children, is that such a strong word. And I said rediculous becasue what you said doesn't make sense at all.@Mad Dog Alrright but what about newbies, they might not even open the MOBO manual... :biggrin: