Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wolf8218

One last thing about the autogen stutter bug...

Can you please answer these questions...1. What videocard do you have?2. Did you experience the autogen slowdown problem?:( If yes, how severe were the slowdowns after fying for a while? (a couple of FPS or -20 FPS?)3. Did the tweaks posted help?:( If yes: How much did it help?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Bigshot

1) 9700 Pro 2.53gig2)Yesb)Had to run autogen on dense before with some problems over cities; now the autogen is maxed out and frames are above 20 when landing and at or near the 30 mark where it's locked most all of the time. Even with the more complex aircraft.3)absolutely (did both of them) don't miss the chickens either.b)Smooth and fast and saved the marriage.

1) MSI GeForce Ti4200 128Mb DDR w/8X AGP2) Yes. Sim actually paused for 2-3 minutes at approx 15-20 miles from any arrival runway.3) Yes. No pauses so far in 3 flights. (Still get stutters from FSMeteo updating the weather, however)

1. 9800 Pro2. Yes2b. 15-30 FPS depending on the situation.3. The tweaks have solved the whole problem. There is not a sutter or a slowdown anywhere after making both changes. Great job you guys have done. Thanks.DougNorthwood 2.2a at 2.508Ghz (Intel HSF)Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800ATI 9800 Pro (128MB)Cat. 3.6's DX9b WinXP ProWD's 20GB, 20GB, 60GB, 120GB, 120GBInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest technobie

1. 9500 n/p2. yes3. YES YES YES!! Awesome!! Such a huge find...thanks again!

Hi, - 1 Asus Gforce4TI 4200 128 MB 8X, 45.23 Nvidia Official driver- 2 & B: Little Bit near 5 fps- 3 & b: Yes and 5 fps GainPs: Result may be different If user use Scenery Shadow enabled specialy near airports and lower CPU, different setting such as antialasing more than 2x and anasotropy more than 4x. P4.253 GHZ, Asus P4P800 8X board, Gforce4 TI 128 MB 8X, 512 ram all slider to right except shadows, Clouds; Ms ultra setting clouds mil to 40 and clouds % to 100%ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest tfriend

Hi,It did help to smooth things out for me.1. AMD Athlon 1.1 GeForce 64 Meg RAM ti4200 7200rpm hd2. Yes, just on approach and just prior to landing. Always at the same altitude. Never noticed an accumulated slow down effect.3. The sim is now very flyable and finally enjoyable thanks to everyones input. It didn't save the marriage but it did help the mood. :-)Thanks,Tom

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Again JimmiG,1) ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB. AGP aperture at 256.2) Yes. When making passes over a lagre city, most notably when making a pass over large cities and then turning around and going back in the direction I just came from(a 360 turn). At approaches/finals to complex airports.:( Approximately minus 8-10 FPS inducing stuttering.3) Yes!:( Enough that I would now say with this fix the torch can be passed from FS2002 to FS2004 as the best Flight Simulator to own, imo.Jim Richards

1. GeForce3 Ti5002. Yes - Autogen set to Dense, studders would start immediately over all types of terrain.3. Yes - Autogen is set to extremely dense and only an occasional studder, mostly due to AI traffic (turning off AI yields no studders).

1. What videocard do you have? GeForce FX59002. Did you experience the autogen slowdown problem? Seemingly...:( If yes, how severe were the slowdowns after fying for a while? (a couple of FPS or -20 FPS?)- only in large cities. BEFORE: about 6-10 FPS within large city and clouds, Once flying and about 20-25NM from large city, FPS climb to 16-22. WITH "FIX": In city about 13-18 FPS and outside large city 22-30 FPS and higher.3. Did the tweaks posted help? Oh YAH!:( If yes: How much did it help? See above..and thanks!

Guest jabberthecat

1. FX5900 -128MB2. Yes, several FPS 5+ if making repeatid Touch/Goes at KBFI. And stutters.3. Yes, much less stutters. Seems to have eliminated or reduced slowdown.Question - has anyone done testing with a reduced .xml - say on that still has the Farm stuff in it. I am wondering if just the presence of the XML causes extra work?- MylesAthlon 2000 (1.67gz), Gainward FX5900-128, 512 PC2100 RAM.1600x1200,2xAA,8xAF,autogen=dense,ai=100,mesh=55.

Guest freequest

1. Gforce2 MX-400 64mb2. yes a big slowdown about 10fps3. yes they halped to some extent im avrageing about 19-20fps in built up areas now with max autogen... kinda surprising since I only have 512mb of 133mhz SDRAM with a 1.6GHZ intel cpu...

Guest JoeESSA

>Can you please answer these questions...>>1. What videocard do you have? Originally GF3 Ti500. Bad stutters, sound problems. Upgraded to ATI R9800 NP, no stutters, no sound problems, but slowdowns to low teens, yes.>>2. Did you experience the autogen slowdown problem?As indicated above yes.>:( If yes, how severe were the slowdowns after fying for a>while? (a couple of FPS or -20 FPS?)Averaging 25fps dropping to lower teens, 11, 12, 13, 14 fps or so.>>3. Did the tweaks posted help?Most likely yes, but I have made a bunch of other video card setting tweaks as well, but I'm pretty sure it has. Have only made xml.bak change.>:( If yes: How much did it help?Dropping to 18fps or so instead of lower teens.

Guest Wolf8218

OH MY GOD REALLY NICE!!!!!!thanks pal!!thats what you are your my greatest pal now!! thanks jimmy!!sorry if i didnt answer your question but, oh my, thank you!Life is a design flaw...