Sign in to follow this  
psolk

F1 2010

So now we can use FS to fly from F1 race to F1 race with Formula1 2010... I know there were others interested when it came up a few months ago so I figured I would pop back in and let everyone know it is out. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. I went with the instant download via Steam and now that I have some laps under my belt you guys can go get it too LOL... Now we can all fly from site to site for our races :)Cheers,-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hey Paul how are you?Glad to know im not the only F1 fan around here!You know i was standing in the shop yesterday morning looking at it, wondering whether to get it or not.I decided to leave it, and visit a well known F1 sim site and see what people think about it.And from what they are saying, im going to leave it in that shop for the time being and stick to GP4.Here's the link (http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?6,787481,page=57) if your not aware of it. Start at that page (57) and work forward, you will see what i mean.Andy

So now we can use FS to fly from F1 race to F1 race with Formula1 2010... I know there were others interested when it came up a few months ago so I figured I would pop back in and let everyone know it is out. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. I went with the instant download via Steam and now that I have some laps under my belt you guys can go get it too LOL... Now we can all fly from site to site for our races :)Cheers,-P
Thank you so much for bring this to our attention, you just made my day and weekend.I must admit, sometimes I feel like I am the only one in the US that doesn't like NASCAR, especially living in Texas, but I have never been into that sytle of racing. I enjoy the IRL a bit when they are on road coures but my real interest for auto racing is F1. In fact, that is the only racing that I will make a point to either watch or DVR.A few years back I bought EAS Nascar 200X, played it for a few weeks, but truely it wasn't that interesting to me and I uninstalled it. Then for the past few years I have been hoping someone would make an F1 style game. If it wasn't for your post I most likely would never have even known about it since I dont follow video games, with the exception of FS related stuff.I'm going to download the iPod version to try until I have a chance to pickup a copy.Thanks again for the heads up.BTW, your idea of using FS to fly between races, I have already been doing it. I even use my favorite sports teams schedules sometimes to fly to the city where they are playing. Sometimes its a good way to try a new route or destination that you might not normally fly to.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Coneman

I've been trying in vain to get my copy of F1 2000 working, so am looking forward to this. It's going to take quite a bit to kick GPL off my drive though.

Also was interested in this game, and have got my copy and really enjoying it, The graphics are good and the career mode is really fun.Good idea to fly from race to race, gives that much more to fs9 in doing this.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I am really enjoying F1 2010 as well!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

F1 has been great this season. Been a while since it was so exciting.I ordered the game from http://www.interactcd.com/ and should have it next week.I hear it is a bit on the arcade side? Not like GTR2 or RFactor for example.

F1 has been great this season. Been a while since it was so exciting.I ordered the game from http://www.interactcd.com/ and should have it next week.I hear it is a bit on the arcade side? Not like GTR2 or RFactor for example.
Yeah, more "arcadish", but not arcade (if that makes sense).Whereas GTR2 falls more into the hardcore sim side, F1 falls more inbetween "game" and "sim".The graphics are amazing.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Great game!Also available as download from Steam (if you want it to have very soon)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

What kind of controllers are you guys using?

NAX669.png

What kind of controllers are you guys using?
im just using the dual anologue logitech controller, kinda of crappy but does the trick as i dont have a wheel and pedals.
Yeah, more "arcadish", but not arcade (if that makes sense).Whereas GTR2 falls more into the hardcore sim side, F1 falls more inbetween "game" and "sim".The graphics are amazing.
Ill have to check that GTR2 out, all of a sudden im on the prowl for a simulation racing games, any other suggestions??

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

im just using the dual anologue logitech controller, kinda of crappy but does the trick as i dont have a wheel and pedals.Ill have to check that GTR2 out, all of a sudden im on the prowl for a simulation racing games, any other suggestions??
IRacing (pay to play), RFactor, and GTL are all quite popular.IRacig is pay to play, but if you are serious about simracing it is excellent. Competition is very good and all of your progress is tracked onlie. RFactor is a modders playground, there is pretty much something for everybody there. GTL is also by Simbin (same folks who created GTR), but focuses more on the FIA series from years ago (think Pantera, Corvette, Porsche, etc.. etc..).Hope this helps!

Ark

Or if you want to get real nostalgic Grand Prix Legends! :( Now THAT was a simulation!! (same gang that does IRacing did GPL back in 1998!)I use my G25 for sim racing. Still waiting on F1 2010.