Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

FS9 ATC Sound Problems

Guest jerooum

I have been running FS9 for a couple of weeks under Win XP Home and found it v smooth even with my limited system. But I have one odd sound problem - all sounds are ok except for ATC messages which are distorted, scratchy and sometimes slurred [as compared with the same messages in FS 2002]. I also notice that the ATIS message is jerky as it runs across the top of the screen. I have tried all combinations of the sound options, but the output is still very poor.My sound card is a Creative SB PCI 128 with the latest Creative XP drivers and it works well in any other mode [eg playing CDs, FS 2002 etc]. Also if I launch FS9 under Win 98SE [i have a dual boot system], the ATC sound is ok - sounds exactly the same as FS2002.With the latest XP drivers etc I have no idea where to look next so would be very grateful for any advice.Many thanks

Guest jerooum

Solved - I loaded DX9b over the FS9 installed DX9 [along with several graphics tweaks. "Restoring" to pre-DX9b and reinstalling FS9 solved the problem.

Guest panda234

jerooum, I have a similar problem. What exactly did you do? Thx.billg