Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Blueprint Houston KIAH released

Hi allIt's been a good (if not expensive!) few weeks recently for new FS9 scenery and this morning, when I came on line, I found that Blueprint had released KIAH. As I had the old SimFlyers version of KIAH installed, I was a bit reluctant to buy the Blueprint version but after studying the available screenshots I decided to take the plunge and I thought I would give some feedback for anyone who might be considering buying it.Like all Blueprint scenery this is not in the top league (Mega Airport, Fly Tampa, FSDT, UK Extreme) of scenery, but, to be fair to Blueprint they essentially make this clear on their homepage and they do offer reasonable quality scenery at a reasonable price. When compared to the SimFlyers version, the Blueprint KIAH certainly updates the airport terminal area significantly and includes a number of new buildings which were not present (or were just building sites with cranes) when the SimFlyers version was released. Overall I would have the say that this is a moderate improvement on the SimFlyers version and the textures of buildings etc are perhaps slightly better with Blueprint. I was somewhat surprised however to only achieve frame rates in the mid 20s with the default Cessna 172 (higher when not looking at the terminal area), particularly as last night I was achieving frame rates over 50 FPS using the PMDG 737 with the FSDT Honolulu and their new Hawaiian Airports scenery. Leaving that aside however I am happy with this purchase and congratulate Blueprint for contimuing to develop good quality airports for FS9, for which I feel they should be supported.I am attaching some screenshots which might help anyone considering buying this to come to a decision.BillWindows XP Pro SP2; Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPU; Arctic Cool 7Pro; ASUS P5N-E-SLI Motherboard; 4GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM; 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card; 2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive; 650W (2 x 12V) PSU; 2 x 1000GB + 1 x 150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive; CH Pro Yoke and PedalsPowering 274GB of fs9!

What is it with screen shots here lately?? Am I the only one that seems to have all the .jpgs here blocked, or are people not uploading them correctly, in general? Thanks.I like BluePrint sceneries, I have them all -- they are good for what they are. If that makes any sense.

Hello I get the same error's with the screenshots not showing up. well its good that blueprint made Kiah I personally dont own any of them but at least it gives simmers a choice.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi allIt's been a good (if not expensive!) few weeks recently for new FS9 scenery and this morning, when I came on line, I found that Blueprint had released KIAH. As I had the old SimFlyers version of KIAH installed, I was a bit reluctant to buy the Blueprint version but after studying the available screenshots I decided to take the plunge and I thought I would give some feedback for anyone who might be considering buying it.Like all Blueprint scenery this is not in the top league (Mega Airport, Fly Tampa, FSDT, UK Extreme) of scenery, but, to be fair to Blueprint they essentially make this clear on their homepage and they do offer reasonable quality scenery at a reasonable price. When compared to the SimFlyers version, the Blueprint KIAH certainly updates the airport terminal area significantly and includes a number of new buildings which were not present (or were just building sites with cranes) when the SimFlyers version was released. Overall I would have the say that this is a moderate improvement on the SimFlyers version and the textures of buildings etc are perhaps slightly better with Blueprint. I was somewhat surprised however to only achieve frame rates in the mid 20s with the default Cessna 172 (higher when not looking at the terminal area), particularly as last night I was achieving frame rates over 50 FPS using the PMDG 737 with the FSDT Honolulu and their new Hawaiian Airports scenery. Leaving that aside however I am happy with this purchase and congratulate Blueprint for contimuing to develop good quality airports for FS9, for which I feel they should be supported.I am attaching some screenshots which might help anyone considering buying this to come to a decision.BillWindows XP Pro SP2; Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPU; Arctic Cool 7Pro; ASUS P5N-E-SLI Motherboard; 4GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM; 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card; 2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive; 650W (2 x 12V) PSU; 2 x 1000GB + 1 x 150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive; CH Pro Yoke and PedalsPowering 274GB of fs9!
A very nice announcement. I picked KIAH up as soon as it was available yesterday and replaced the exisiting SimFlyer's version. I'm quite happy with it and haven't noticed any particular frame hit on my rig. As you note, it is a reasonable depiction at a reasonable price. I quite like Blueprint since they are willing to do the airports that fill the niches between the majors at a fair price.DJ

What is it with screen shots here lately?? Am I the only one that seems to have all the .jpgs here blocked, or are people not uploading them correctly, in general? Thanks.I like BluePrint sceneries, I have them all -- they are good for what they are. If that makes any sense.
Perhaps I have done something wrong but I have uploaded screenshots previously with no problems! Not sure why these are not showing up, although they will if clicked.Bill

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was ranting. Just curious as this is the only site I seem to be having trouble with, and wasn't sure if it was just me or that bloody Internet Explorer.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was ranting. Just curious as this is the only site I seem to be having trouble with, and wasn't sure if it was just me or that bloody Internet Explorer.
No problem - I didn't take it as a rant! Was just quite frustrated myself that the screenshots didn't seem to show properly on the forum when I uploaded them! It could be IE I guess.Bill

if Someone could make a decent AFCAD to go along with this scenery itd be a great scenery................like departures off of the 15L/15R and 33L/33R and have traffic coming in on the parallel runways like 8L/8R/9.......the only thing thats not realistic about this scenery is gate logos......i live here near KIAH and there are no gate logos.....but other than that.....I like the building placements and the surrounding areas.....looks realistic.........

Was just quite frustrated myself that the screenshots didn't seem to show properly on the forum when I uploaded them! It could be IE I guess.
Don't worry - it isn't. I just checked with Safari and Camino on a Mac, having entirely different rendering engines, still the same problem. So either you messed up or the forum software or database, respectively.