Sign in to follow this  
Guest RTC

Need some advice on best PC specs for FS2004

Guest RTC

I'm buying a new computer, primarily to run FS2004 on, but I have a strict budget, and I have 2 choices:EITHER:2800+ AMD Athlon with 1024 Mb RAMOR:3000+ AMD Athlon with 512 Mb RAMI'm no computer expect, can anyone tell me which of these would run FS2004 better.If it makes a difference, the PC will almost certainly have Windows XP and a: 256MB nVIDIA GeForce FX 5600se - TV Out + DVI card.Thanks;RTC

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hmmm, hard decision, kind of. 512 MB is enough to play FS2004 with. You may get some hesitation when switching views though. But FS2004 is more CPU intensive than anything else. So, I recommend going with the faster CPU. You can always add another 512 MB's of ram later, very easily I might add. Just make sure if you do so, to get ram that is the same speed to avoid hassles. Hopefully the very same stick of ram with the same specs, as in speed, RAS(Row Access Strobe), and CAS(Column Access Strobe) speeds. But it is very easy to add another 512 MB stick of ram.Regards,Jim

Go with the more RAM, you can overclock the CPU easier. I think the added RAM will give you more of a boost that the slight upgrade in the CPU, could be worng, just my 2 cents.With that card and the XP the added RAM will be a boost!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest RTC

Okay, I just went ahead and purchased the computer:Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe nVIDIA nFORCE2Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ with Quantispeed Technology Memory: 512Mb PC3200 DDR (400MHz)Hard Drives: 120Gb Ultra Fast with 2Mb Buffer (7200rpm) Video Card: 256MB nVIDIA GeForce FX 5600se - TV Out + DVI at