Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ed_S

MEGASCENERY - so how good is it ???

Guest Claudius

We now have New York Megascenery announced and i was wondering if people who have the allready released LA scenery can say something about the quality at low level altitudes...!?I have seen the screenshots at their site and sure it does look pretty real at 10000ft...But what about at 4000ft when aproaching an airport ???Can someone post some screenshots please ???Final goal would be to have the whole US covered with MegaScenery !!! I dont care about HD space :)thanks Claudius

Take a look at the screen shot forum-I and several others posted lots of shots in the last week-some low altitude.As far as low altitude-I think it looks terrific over 3000ft.Below that it gets a little undefined-but frankly so does the default fs-I haven't really found it a problem.I get better performance with it than the stock fs scenery also.The only downside-if you want different seasons other than summer-forget it-and it can take an eternity to initially load.The first release of southern CA. really shows it off as the subtlies of the mountains, desert, waterways can really be shown off. I will be interested to see if the next release is as spectacular as it will not have as much variety.The whole US convered with megascenery would be great-I am with you there for sure!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest wathomas777

It's really only a matter of time. The Data is available. Remember when we were all dreaming about FS98 and how using Mesh for the whole US would be great???Well FSGenesis has the whole US. And now 5 Gig doesn't seem quite as large as it seemed in 1997.Terrabyte storage is around the corner, and soon after we will be moaning because the source data of the satellite is greater than 2 years old!!!(I remember when FU3 came out people complained because the satellite data was obviously dated, as it included the non existent Longacres Horse Track. which was demolished years and years ago.)

Guest otter55

it's worth twice the price.i seldom fly higher than 2500' and it still looks nice to me.dont hesitate, buy it nowdon

Guest Nathan Palmer

Do you loose auto gen with that?NP

Guest Ed_S

It's Fantastic!I don't look forward to flying out of the area of the scenery cause i know the default scenery is comin. The only draw back for me and maybe it's nothing but, there is so much data that my hard drive is constantly updating the Mega Scenery where as the default is updated onece in a while.Ed