Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

nHancer Post

I'm wading back into FSX after a prolonged absence and I'm looking for a file or a link to a document I downloaded previously but can't locate. I'm hoping someone might be able to help. The document was about recommended settings for nHancer and FSX. Anyone? Please?Jon

I'm wading back into FSX after a prolonged absence and I'm looking for a file or a link to a document I downloaded previously but can't locate. I'm hoping someone might be able to help. The document was about recommended settings for nHancer and FSX. Anyone? Please?
NickN's recommendations are best. Tryhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.htmland/orhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34873RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

here you go......http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic27540_post156769.html#156769updated.....http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-and-nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated_topic36586.html

Thank you. I appreciate your responses. Now to reconfigure my new GTX 460 which has, so far, been quite impressive. If I can just get better detail out of REX 2 and the ORBX stuff, I'll be over the moon.Jon

Thank you. I appreciate your responses. Now to reconfigure my new GTX 460 which has, so far, been quite impressive. If I can just get better detail out of REX 2 and the ORBX stuff, I'll be over the moon.Jon
Don't overlook the fact that NHancer doesn't work with the 200 series Nvidia drivers and the 400+ series of cards work best with the 200+ drivers!

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Use Nvidia Inspector and follow Ryan Maziarz's post to configure your settings.Here is the post:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/291720-how-to-set-aa-in-fs9-and-fsx-for-nvidias-2xxxx-drivers-now-with-working-transparency-aa/

Cripes! You go away for a while and everything changes. Big time. I found out nHancer had a problem in Win7 64 bit. Strangely, it appears to be working ok in my XP Pro installation. At least, I think it is. I'm about to check all of that out. I'm working through the post from Ryan Maziarz, for my Win7 installation. It's the one I really want to get cranking although I'm not expecting miracles with this older system. Thank you everyone for your valuable responses.Jon

nhancer doesn't have any problem with W7 64 bit. It has a problem with the latest NVidia drivers for the 400 series. Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I tried NVidia Inspector per the instructions and my AA is still not where I want it to be. NHancer did a phenomenal job in this regard. What are the complete settings one should use when going into the NVidia control panel? It seems something is just not right. I'm running the latest NVidia drivers and using a 285 graphic card with Windows 7, 64 bit (see my signature).Stan

I tried NVidia Inspector per the instructions and my AA is still not where I want it to be. NHancer did a phenomenal job in this regard. What are the complete settings one should use when going into the NVidia control panel? It seems something is just not right. I'm running the latest NVidia drivers and using a 285 graphic card with Windows 7, 64 bit (see my signature).Stan
I'm running a GTX 285 with an I7 @ 4GHZ and played with the 200 series drivers and NvidiaInspector etc. However, after a reasonable testing period I decided to return to the 197.45 drivers and use Enhancer again. I could see not real advantage in the latest drivers with a 285 card although there was no disadvantage excepting Nhancer was easier to use than the NvidiaInspector/Nvidia Control panel combo.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I'm running a GTX 285 with an I7 @ 4GHZ and played with the 200 series drivers and NvidiaInspector etc. However, after a reasonable testing period I decided to return to the 197.45 drivers and use Enhancer again. I could see not real advantage in the latest drivers with a 285 card although there was no disadvantage excepting Nhancer was easier to use than the NvidiaInspector/Nvidia Control panel combo.
I was afraid of that! Please NHancer....get the new version ready soon. We need you!Stan

How much better are the 200 series drivers over the later 100 series drivers? Is it a 'marked' difference or merely a tweaked set of code from the 197.45 drivers? (I think that's the one I replaced.) As far as I can recall, before I upgraded the GPU from a 9800GT+ to my current GTX460, I never had an issue. The 258.96 drivers are performing well in XP Pro but not so well in my Win7 64bit installation. This is a 'bummer'.Jon

I tried everything without the NHancer workaround for the 2 + series drivers. Nothing worked. I read where Nick's Nhancer workaround didn't work....but that's WRONG! I tried the workaround with the GeForce SLI Profile Tool and it worked beautifully. The best AA possible for FSX can only be had if you use this workaround. I'm convinced. At least now I can wait patiently for the full NHancer to be released. Go to Nick's site for this. I found it at the following:http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic34873.html Just follow the directions.Stan