Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Please help me turn on my Default AI AIr Traffic ...

I have no AI traffic. I'm thinking I may have turned it off some time in the past to try to avoid the "Gate calls" for the unloading tubes. Problem is, I can't remember what file it is. I looked in Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery for a .bgl that might be the one I'm looking for, but I can't find one that seems to fit. I'm a bit scared that its been deleted, but I'm not positive where to look or its name. Thanks ahead of time.

That's where it should be. Called "trafficAircraft.bgl". You may have renamed it to turn it off. It is a large file, 22,000kb. Maybe you moved it somewhere else. Do a search.Good LuckBob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

That's where it should be. Called "trafficAircraft.bgl". You may have renamed it to turn it off. It is a large file, 22,000kb. Maybe you moved it somewhere else. Do a search.Good LuckBob
Thanks for replying, Bob ...I found trafficAircraft.bgl and trafficBoats.bgl and traffic Carriers.bgl in the scenery/world location. None of them have been renamed to turn them off, so far as I can tell. Here is the interesting problem. When I click on most any of the .bgl's in that file, notepad opens them and there is code in the file. But when I click on trafficAircraft.bgl and trafficBoats.bgl the field is completely empty AND when I try to close the file it reads at the upper left "trafficAircraft.bgl - Notepad (Not responding). I also get the "This program is not responding - end now" window/option. The same is the case with the traffic.Boats.bgl file. When I do the search it says that the Aircraft file weighs 22 mb. and the Boat file weighs 1.74 mb. So I know there is something there even though the files show blank. Possibly something is turned off somewhere else. BTW I have "show hidden files" active.Any more ideas, Thanks, Steve

You could download and install AI Flight Planner and use it to open the traffic.bgl in question. If it won't open in AI Flight Planner, I would suspect something is wrong with the file. I assume from what is stated in your post that you do not have any FS9 traffic files added to FSX.You know of course that airline traffic can easily be turned off (and on) in FSX settings?

Art

You could download and install AI Flight Planner and use it to open the traffic.bgl in question. If it won't open in AI Flight Planner, I would suspect something is wrong with the file. I assume from what is stated in your post that you do not have any FS9 traffic files added to FSX.You know of course that airline traffic can easily be turned off (and on) in FSX settings?
Thank you, Art ...Well ... I hate it when things start working when I don't understand what happened. But I don't hate it THAT much :( Situation is that I found a line I had rendered inoperative in the FSX .cfg . Not sure when I did that, but it appears that everything is working again. The line is only in the Bufferpools section which makes NO SENSE to me ... but now, at least every thing is working. Also ... I don't know if this is correct or not ... It seems at SeaTac (KSEA), I have to have the airline traffic set close to 50% or higher to get any significant numbers of planes on the ramp. I don't know if that is normal or not. Hopefully I will be able to answer the age old overasked question of which 3rd party AI traffic I should use. I tried TrafficX and the results were abysmal for me for a number of reasons I won't deal with here. But I am anxious to find, download, and install a program that will offer the best models possible with the least load on the frame rates. I have an old E6700 processor, so I really need pretty light models.Thanks to those who read this post. I think all is well (for the moment) in fickle FSX land.Steve