Sign in to follow this  
bank1

Missing dll fIles after adding FeelThere E-jets v.2

Okay after adding Ejets from Feelthere to my FSX INSTALL on my WIN XP Drive, I was missing the following dll files from my PMDG 747, main.dll, acs.dll & Overhead.dll when I tried to load my 747. I also lost my add-ons, Lvl-d, Fsdream, Pmdg to name a few. I would like to know if there is a fix that won't mess up my dll's when I install the Feelthere E-JETS into my FSX on my WIN7 Ultimate drive?Don

Guest Daniel42

I'm sure the DLL's are still there, but the dll.xml file got messed up during installation of the E-jets. This file tells FSX which add-on's to load and for PMDG it contains exactly the DLL's you mention.The E-jets installer might be to blame, but maybe something else messed up the file a little bit after which the E-jest installer was not able to properly update the file anymore.If you still require a solution at this time, ask the developpers of the specific add-on's which entries should be in the dll.xml file for their add-on.Daniel

Interestingly enough, I've just had something very similar to this yesterday.Just built a new rig for playing FSX at the weekend and everything was running very nicely. However, I couldn't find my original E-Jets V2 download, so I redownloaded the updated version with SP1 and installed it yesterday. I had a bit of a fly in my MD-11 and the JS41 yesterday with Air Hauler prior to this and all was running well. I then fired up the E-195, had a bit of a play and then shutdown and went and had some dinner.Went back after dinner, selected the MD-11 in the FSX menu, and bang - instant hang (no PMDG initialising for me..) Killed FSX, rebooted, tried the JS41 and had exactly the same thing.. :(Tried various different things to resolve the issue, but in the end had to reinstall FSX+Addons again.. :(All was well again until I installed the E-Jets took a quick flight and then discovered that exactly the same thing had happened...MD-11 and JS41both fail... The thing is, the original (non SP) version of the E-Jet V2 worked fine with no issues with my PMDG Aircraft, so there's something that's sneaked in with the Service Pack for the E-Jets.. (trying to subtly nobble the competition pehaps!?!) ;-)So two re-installs of FSX later, I'd also be interested to hear what the Dev's have to say as you're not alone on this one...Andy

Andy ...You mentioned "trying to subtly nobble the competition pehaps" .............No, not true.This is always true:The dll.xml has to be checked and corrected, as necessary, after any additions (e.g. any payware aircraft or other software) to MSFSX.I installed EMBv2 SP1 to FSX and it did not mess up the DLL or Level-D on my PC.I have installed other software where the dll.xml was modified .. then I fixed it ..no problem.Post here a copy of the dll.xml prior to loading the payware aircraft and after, so we can see what changes were made that mess everything up.By the way, not many people have reported the problem. In fact, I believe, you were the only person on the feelThere forum to have a problem. You found no problems when you did a search .. correct?http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5148And, you just got a new Win7 64 bit PC. I am not sure EMBv2 is even approved for Win7-64 yet.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW