Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

Fatal Error

Oh,Oh......Fatal Error!

Well I think this time I've finally done it!! I think I've cooked my FSX!! After yrs [2008 I believe] of adding scenery/aircraft/Utilitys I think I've finally broke it!!Lately i've been getting Freeze/Lock-ups when using complex aircraft in FSX,The PMDG J41 seemed to be the biggest offender.I tried editing my xml file awhile back trying to get aircarriers to work with no success,so I figured I messed something up in there,anyway I got brave tonight to run the repair function on The FSX disk.Well now I'm getting a "Fatal Error has occured"and FSX won't even start-up.Is there anything you guys can think of I can do to keep me from a complete reinstall? It will take me months to get everything back up to date[if I can],Thanks!!

The first thing to try is to delete the fsx.cfg file and let it rebuild.

Jay

Insert the FSX DVD and select the "Repair" option.If you have Acceleration installed, run from the Acceleration DVD, else from the FSX DVD.

Insert the FSX DVD and select the "Repair" option.If you have Acceleration installed, run from the Acceleration DVD, else from the FSX DVD.
That's what he did, but it caused even more trouble... However, you do make a good point: do you have Acceleration installed? If so, restore from that DVD. If you take the original DVD while Acc is already installed, you can run into huge problems because some files will be old and others will be new, thus creating huge incompatibility issues within FSX.However, if that doesn't work... It's obvious that soemthing is completely wrong in your installation and the only thing I can suggest is, indeed, to reinstall anew... But before you do that, I also suggest that you wait and hear what others have to suggest.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Wow,I do have Acceleration installed,I never thought of that! Great Point!! I'll give that a try.Thanks very much!Cheers

"It's Alive"!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You guys very much!!! The repair from The Acceleration DVD worked!!! You've saved me a TON of time and aggravation!!!Cheers!!!

Glad to have helped.George