Sign in to follow this  
Guest PZL

FS2002 AI traffic in FS9?

Guest Dominik Mann

Hi all,wanted to post this earlier this morning, but something cut my connection before I could do so.Anyway, I think some time ago I read a post from one of the Beta or Gold testers that it was, in fact, possible to use the FS2002 traffic.bgl file in FS9, provided you copy over the relevant AI aircraft as well. Can anybody confirm this finding? I'd very much like to keep my Project AI'd traffic file in FS9, if possible.Thanks! :D

Guest GaryB

Dominik,I can't help with your original question, but did you know that the PAI installer for FS2004 is out?CheersGary

I actually got ultimate traffic to work in the manner you describe-but that was a long time ago so I don't remember the specifics except generally what you describe. Since then I deleted fs2002 a long time ago, I am now waiting for the ut update before going again.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest Dominik Mann

You mean decompile and recompile after transferring the FS2002 traffic.bgl to the appropriate folder within FS9?

All we need is a new AFCAD to make all this worthwhile!!!! With only so many parking spots, no sense adding extra flightplans and aircraft, unless I have missed a brealthru in parking ;-)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest MDehn

I just decompiled in FS2004, backed up my FS2004 AIRCRAFT and FLIGHTPLANS files and replaced them with my modified files from FS2002, and compiled. I use almost all Project AI aircraft, and they seemed to taxi, take off, and land perfectly.Mike D:-beerchug

I'm having great success with the new way that fs09 deals with the .BGLs, I have traffic files for PAI, MRAI master, and a misc one with those rare charter airlines. if you haven't played around with the new Traffic Tools, take some time and read the docs included w/TTi'm even thinking of doing regional .BGL files for organizing ;)BRING ON AFCAD vIICheers all

Guest Dominik Mann

You're right - I only understood late last night that FS9 does, in fact, support multiple traffic BGL files. After this revelation dawned on me, I moved the default FS9 traffic file - which I believe is somewhat improbable in that it has Vegas and Vimys and all the other veterans, almost none of which are still flying today - to a safe location and proceeded to install the PAI packages as well as the improved GA traffic files from the file library. Needless to say, I like the result a lot better than the default AI traffic.I'd also like to congratulate Lee Swordy at this point, because his new Traffic Tools are really a great step forward in terms of ease of use :D .

Guest PZL

AFCAD for 2004 is due out sometimes this October... see the PAI web site.