Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Flightsim commander and Windows7

hello,I am still running Fs-9 but reinstalled it recently on windows 7 64bit.Going step by step I have installed all scenery and I am currently installing all utilities concerning Fs-9.But with installing flighsim commander I am running into trouble.Ok I have downloaded the latest version (8.6) and installed it as administrator and outside 'Program files' or 'programs files (x86).The programs installs alright but when I try to run it, I always get a 'windows installer' window instead of the ususual splash screen.It's as if I try to install it again. Once there, the installer is stuck in a loop. Cancelling the installation stops the ungoing installation but starts it up again.... and again....Does anybody know what's going on? Or to solve this?thanksLuc BrusselmansBelgiumI checked the forums at FSC but no topic there mentions this problem...

I checked the forums at FSC but no topic there mentions this problem...
Luc:Did you follow instructions exactly as given in this thread pinned at the top of the forum?http://forums.simfli...p?f=155&t=78476Did you try running it as administrator? Then I would make sure that my file associations for an exe are correct, and then completely uninstall using someithing like Revo Uninstaller, and start from scratch.And here's a problem I've been having:http://forums.simfli...p?f=155&t=78119I'm running FSC fine on a Win 7 laptop, but my solution to the whole problem is to run a duplicate FSC on an old WideClient Computer with XP on it and copy the database folder to the Win 7 computer and it works fine from there.HTH.

Luc:Did you follow instructions exactly as given in this thread pinned at the top of the forum?http://forums.simfli...p?f=155&t=78476Did you try running it as administrator? Then I would make sure that my file associations for an exe are correct, and then completely uninstall using someithing like Revo Uninstaller, and start from scratch.And here's a problem I've been having:http://forums.simfli...p?f=155&t=78119I'm running FSC fine on a Win 7 laptop, but my solution to the whole problem is to run a duplicate FSC on an old WideClient Computer with XP on it and copy the database folder to the Win 7 computer and it works fine from there.HTH.
Well, I did follow all the instructions to the letter.As a matter of fact, I never ever install programs in the defautl 'program folders' since starting with vista because of the administrator problems it is causing.In the mean time I 'solved' the problem. Or I should say the problem solved itself.After reinstalling FSC in a folder to the root c:\ I tried to start the program (and I went for a coffee).When I returned the installer that was started by executing the .exe file was finishing. After that, the program works as it should.So I am happy again.I could not follow the link to your problem so I I don't really know what the problem is.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

I use Win 7 64-bit and used the default install option for FSC 8.6 (Program Files (x86)) and have never had any issues. Never "Installed as Administrator" either.Of course, I shut off UAC and Defender LONG after I installed the OS. Not sure if you have these two programs running or not, but IMO, they are more trouble than they are worth.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

hello,I am still running Fs-9 but reinstalled it recently on windows 7 64bit.Going step by step I have installed all scenery and I am currently installing all utilities concerning Fs-9.But with installing flighsim commander I am running into trouble.Ok I have downloaded the latest version (8.6) and installed it as administrator and outside 'Program files' or 'programs files (x86).The programs installs alright but when I try to run it, I always get a 'windows installer' window instead of the ususual splash screen.It's as if I try to install it again. Once there, the installer is stuck in a loop. Cancelling the installation stops the ungoing installation but starts it up again.... and again....Does anybody know what's going on? Or to solve this?thanksLuc BrusselmansBelgiumI checked the forums at FSC but no topic there mentions this problem...
Right click on the program and run as administrator - this fixes a lot of runtime issues with win 7 64 bit