Sign in to follow this  
rquick

Aircraft painters alert - UAL/Continental

I personally can't stand the "new" livery... I wish they'd gone and made something new that maintained elements of the two airlines' former identities but still looks fresh and modern. The livery looks like a Photoshop hack job - it's literally just replacing the Continental text with United.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I personally can't stand the "new" livery... I wish they'd gone and made something new that maintained elements of the two airlines' former identities but still looks fresh and modern. The livery looks like a Photoshop hack job - it's literally just replacing the Continental text with United.
Looking at some Continental images, they did just replace Continental with United. I thought the gold piping on the side was new. I guess I never paid close attention to the Continental livery. So I suppose it would be a pretty simple paint to do.Perhaps this is a temporary livery until they come up with something more original.

Perhaps this is a temporary livery until they come up with something more original.
If it is, they certainly haven't said that... they're going to be repainting UAL aircraft this way too, so I kinda doubt it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I couldn't agree more... total lack of creativity.

If I remember right, the employees had a lot to do with keeping the Continental logo. Although, I agree the new scheme lacks originality, I believe it was United's/Continental's version of compromise.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Being from Chicago, there will always be a place in my heart for United Airlines. The Terimal 1 at Chicago O'Hare, the underground walkway to Concourse "C", Images of those old tricolour stripes on white with the United "U" was always so cool. Then they painted those planes gray, then replaced their Boeing 737s with Airbus.Now they are replacing that iconic "U" shield logo for Continentals boring Globe thing, looks like a logo for an investment firm. It will be very sad to go to O'Hare and drive past the Terminal 1 gates and see all those planes now painted in this livery.Photshop hackjob, totally uncreative, that is how I also felt, but mostly I felt like a piece of aviation heritage was being ripped up and thrown in the trash.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Guest 413X3

At least the lower case of Continental had more style.

I have to say this.......With the "new" paint job makes me cry foul and yuk at the same time.Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif They needed to discuss the paint scheme a little bit more creative for United-Continental.:(

Hi Guys,I agree... not the most original paint job based on a major merger effort. I wonder if this is an interim livery? Of course, you would expect to see some interim livery on aircraft but if you read some of the posts in the marketing-/re-branding world it seems they are convinced it lacks originality and does nothing for enhancing the brand image given this is a merger of 2 US majors.Anyway, I'm sure there's more news to come on this given they have already tinkered with the font since the first announcement came out.Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

If you wish to ride on a plane that has not been repainted, that is available for a surcharge of $25 a seat for the first seat and $35 for the second seat. Seriously, what a completely unintersting mash up. Compare the America West/US Air merger. The new ones aren't that bad and have elements of both.

If you wish to ride on a plane that has not been repainted, that is available for a surcharge of $25 a seat for the first seat and $35 for the second seat. Seriously, what a completely unintersting mash up. Compare the America West/US Air merger. The new ones aren't that bad and have elements of both.
This is going to make me look like a complete do do but, Is that why the new US Airways livery is white with those light gray stripes at the Back? Elements of both liveries being put into one? I have never noticed that until you said something. I just thought it was a random thought that turned into a livery. Very clever I must say.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

This is going to make me look like a complete do do but, Is that why the new US Airways livery is white with those light gray stripes at the Back? Elements of both liveries being put into one?
Well, USAir at the time of the merger had dark blue planes with a red and grey flag. America West was White, ith a blue green tail and a blue green underside. I remember hearing after the merger that they needed/wanted to make the whole fleet white because of the PHX hub that AWA was using. So, they took the white with colored tail and underside and turned it into white with a dark blue tail and underside (although the blue is a little brighter than the old navyish color USAir had). If you check out Airliners.Net under America West, you'll see what I mean. But, my bigger point is this is what UAL/CO could have done. Keep the white tops with blue underside they use now, but change the tail to something like the CO tail (just change the colors a little), so that its a globe and not that miserable U they have now.