Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

Best FS9-plane

Do you mean stock or add-on? I'm partial to the stock DC-3 and J3 Cub. Addons? So far I'm a HUGE fan of F1's c152, but Bill and Lynn Lyons' Stinson package gets a lot of flight time on my rig, as does Eric Dante's Stampe SV4 since downloading it yesterday. As for jets... uh... I dunno. Are there any jets in this sim? I forget.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I'm a huge fan of the cub myself. I have spent most of my FS2004 time in either that or the SF260, and even though the SF260 has not been updated for FS2004, it works pretty well.Tony

Guest sj3

IMSHO, Captain Sim's 727 is too bloody cool! For stock, I'd vote for several of the new COF planes in a tie, e.g. Wright Flyer and the Jenny, plus, of course, the DC-3.sj

I am having lots of fun with (in no particular order):PMDG 737Dreamfleet Cessna 310 & 152Carenado Cessna 210

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest product

I now fly the Carenado C210 almost exclusively- no other cockpit seems as real, the closest feeling to being there of any GA plane in my opinion. Flight dynamics also seem excellent. Now if they'd only update the sound a bit...Best,Joel

All the above mentioned, plus the Lago Twin Otter, Tornado, Falcon Series, The MAAM B-25, and on and on and on. I hate these questions because there is too many talented designers out there cranking out a lot of great work.....

Guest hoohah

My favorite default plane is the Comet without a doubt - it's just too friggin' cool.Otherwise, I've been flying my FSD Commander, Seneca, and Cheyenne as usual (need to get my SF 260 installed sometime too).

Guest otter55

i'm loving the greatly improved default c-172.don

Guest padds

I agree there, its nice to fly it around, though the Mooney is nice too.Project Magenta will be bringing out a Cessna Panel soon, I just tried their GA IFR panel and it was incredible. I think the Cessna combined with a panel on a separate machine will make me as happy as possible :)

OMG! I can't believe I left off the MAAM B-25. Yes, ahem, of course, that's a personal favorite. Please disregard my earlier post. :-lolBTW, I've flown the new R4D with that lovely gmax cockpit. Neener, neener.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest nramsey

As dumb as it may sound, I've been flying the default 737-400 almost exclusively. I downloaded about 7 or 8 new liveries from the Avsim library and have been loving the new VC. I downloaded iFDG 767 and loved the model and flight dynamics, but the lack of a VC really ruined the experience for me and I didn't enjoy flying it. The default 2D panels just are too big and block too much of the screen. I did like the 2D Dreamfleet 737 panel alot. I guess if I found a nice 767 2D panel that was more along those lines in terms of gauge size and screen footprint, I'd probably give the iFDG another go.I own the SF.260 and am just waiting on the FS2004 patch to come out...then that will probably be flown 40% of the time.I'm really looking forward to seeing the Dreamfleet 727...think that might be my first purchase for FS2004.

I tend to favor the Jenny.... I've been using FS2004 for mainly bush/cross country flying, away from the big airports. The Jenny seems to recall the glory days of flight, and it's great for "cloud hopping".... And, it's pretty docile the way it's modelled in FS9...pretty hard to do anything bad to it.... Bill Lyons also made a great Jenny for FS2002...so I have it for use there as well--but the sky and clouds look rather plain after an afternoon in FS9's Jenny :)-John

Guest cw1011

Is there an updated FDE for Briefing time? I havn't migrated it over because I was concerned its performance might be a bit wierd in the new sim?Thanks!Colin

I believe it's in the oven at the moment.

Bill Womack