Sign in to follow this  
robbier

FSX Crash Referencing nvd3dum.dll

Hi guys,Over the past few weeks/months, I have been getting a large number of crashes in FSX with the message "FSX has stopped working." I went into the event viewer, and it seems like every time this crash occurs, the faulting module is "nvd3dum.dll." I have done some research, and it seems like this is due to a video card driver issue, and is fixable by simply updating your drivers. However, I do have the latest Nvidia drivers yet the problem still persists. I know for certain that this has not been going on for a very long time, as I said it probably started to occur frequently about 1 month or two ago. It has gotten to the point where FSX will crash with an error referencing nvd3dum.dll at almost any point during a flight. I was on approach into KBOS and I got the error, and it was very frustrating. Just earlier today I got the error right after landing a Citation in Hawaii. If anyone has any solutions or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks for the help,Robert

Hi guys,Over the past few weeks/months, I have been getting a large number of crashes in FSX with the message "FSX has stopped working." I went into the event viewer, and it seems like every time this crash occurs, the faulting module is "nvd3dum.dll." I have done some research, and it seems like this is due to a video card driver issue, and is fixable by simply updating your drivers. However, I do have the latest Nvidia drivers yet the problem still persists. I know for certain that this has not been going on for a very long time, as I said it probably started to occur frequently about 1 month or two ago. It has gotten to the point where FSX will crash with an error referencing nvd3dum.dll at almost any point during a flight. I was on approach into KBOS and I got the error, and it was very frustrating. Just earlier today I got the error right after landing a Citation in Hawaii. If anyone has any solutions or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks for the help,Robert
I understand your frustration. I too have gotton this in the past few days about 1 hr. into flight. I was thinking what changes did I make to cause this to happen all of suddenly:1. I did do a defrag recently - although this should not cause it2. I have UT2 I increased the rate at which airplanes appear or spawn3. I moved the HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the bottom of the Graphics portion of the FSX.CFG file per Ryan's advice on this thread:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/299242-not-able-to-see-ac-in-outside-view-during-sunset-flight/I would also check out these 2 areas of the forum:A. http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/38-fsx-win7-crash-from-function-select/B. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/280688-graphics-corruption-in-fsx-update-possible-solution-found/page__st__450__p__1790204#entry1790204Start with Turbine 777 post.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I did move the HIGHMEMFIX=1 back to the 1st line under Graphics section. I am going to run another test flight from LAX or LAS to DFW see if it crashes again.

Since a few weeks, I am getting this crash too. I have no clue what causes it. I tried to update and clean install the video drivers a few times, refreshed the fsx.cfg and so on, but without any luck. I always get the nvd3dum.dll crash when I open some dialog screen like the map, fuel and payload or FSUIPC screen and try to go back to the sim. As soon as I click OK or cancel in those windows, FSX crashes.I hope anyone can help!