Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

This sim just keeps getting better

Guest Nathan Palmer

In the days before AI and ATC Flight simming was great fun but very predictable. Now with all the new features every flights holds the chance that your going to see or hear something that you've never before. Just the simple fact of now hearing AI doing touch and go's is a great addition. Why just yesterday I was doing a flight where the AI came over the radio called missed and request to fly to his alternate airport!! It seems like on almost every flight I hear or see something that I feel like writing the guys at MS FS team and thanking them for. This is truly a great sim. I spent the rainy day today exploring the learning center and other things that I havent looked at and found all kinds of great new things to try. Just the simple flights of history make me think that I cant wait to finish my US tour in the 172 that I am doing to try some other planes and flights. I really wish all the fellow simmers having problems with drivers/video cards/ systems could get a chance to use this sim on a steady machine for a week to get an idea of what i am talking about. Even the little things that arent simming like the flight analysis that now shows the ground elevation in the profile makes a difference. NPP4 2gig512 ram not the 400 speedfx5600 golden 256 rameye candy sliders on above averageweather sliders set on min but with 3d clouds enabledtarget frame rate 18 but happy with no stutters and FPS as low as 12 in high volume areas.

Well said Nathan. I really enjoy FS2004. There are a lot of neat touches. Sometimes I almost forget I am sitting at my computer.Tony