Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

Obtaining ILS Frequencies w/enroute

Greetings,Perhaps a silly question but someone else might learn from it also....Where can I get listed frequencies for runway localizer/glidescope when starting decent for a landing?. COF gives which runway and that's it. Can the kneeboard have it? or do I have to pause the sim and get it somewhere else?? I usually just have the gps guide me to the runway and I follow the "glidescope lights" down to a landing. But I would like to really start using the ILS glidescope instead. ANy helps is greatly appreciated!!Mountaineer!!!

Guest Ideas

You can call up your map in FS and get the frequencies from it. The map normally pauses the sim, but I think you can still set it not to pause (I know on FS2002 you could anyway)

Guest nramsey

Yep, I bop over to the map, find the desired airport, click on the icon, select the airport from the list to open the list of airport info, find the runway I'm being assigned and grab the ILS frequency. I've been practicing hand flying ILS approaches lately...

Guest Jim Strenk

>Greetings,>>Perhaps a silly question but someone else might learn from it>also....>>Where can I get listed frequencies for runway>localizer/glidescope when starting decent for a landing?. COF>gives which runway and that's it. Can the kneeboard have it?>or do I have to pause the sim and get it somewhere else?? I>usually just have the gps guide me to the runway and I follow>the "glidescope lights" down to a landing. But I would like to>really start using the ILS glidescope instead. ANy helps is>greatly appreciated!!>>Mountaineer!!!>>The GPS unit also has this information. After selecting any approach for the airport, you can drill-down information about the facility in question. All airport related frequencies are available, including ILS frequencies.

Guest cast1010

In the learning center inside FS2004, you can read about the GPS. All the frequencies and airport data are available within the GPS, you can check frequencies of any navaid near you or you can type the airport code, navaid code, fix name, etc, and get all the info you may need.There is no need to access the map view and pause your flight while looking through the map, just call up the GPS and with a few clicks you can get all the info with no need to pause your flight.Again, take a look at the learning center, all the info you need is there.As an extra option, you might want to check the recent discovery about the kneeboard and its capabilities to browse the internet within FS2004. Even though there are some frequencies in FS that do not match the real ones, most of them are the same and just looking at some webpages available for free (some of them already listed in the VPN) you can easily check any airport info you need, also you can check the latest charts, etc. Check out this site:www.vpncentral.ch.vuCarlos.

The ultimate solution to you problem is never having to find them in the first place !If you are navigating using the Garmin GNS530 GPS unit then when you load (select) the ILS approach of your choice from the list of posible approaches to the airport then the GPS box automatically loads the right ILS frequency in the standby field. This is an ultimate shortcut.If you are not using the GPS then yes, you have to find them on some chart and tune the receiver accordingly.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

I use FSNavigator. I can quickly zoom in the map view of the destination airport I want and place my mouse over my choice of runway (usually at the extremme approach end and I get all the info I could possibly need for my approach:1. ILS frequency2. Course Heading3. Altitude fix at 5nm out for "APPR" I've got all the info I need.Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

And as an added bonus, you can drag and drop runway ILS (and other) frequencies into the FS Nav on-screen radio icons and they will be loaded into the real aircraft radios automatically. (FYI - These icons may be hidden by left hand "box/column" being to small. Just drag that box/column out to a larger size from left hand side of the FS Nav map screen [to the right], to access.)You can also enable "APR" and other autopilot functions right from that same FS Nav screen area. Nice !!!!Combine this with the "Fly to Here" feature and it makes total ILS set-up very easy (especially on a second monitor).Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

I think michal was so close.... the real way to have the Freqs to reference is in your Preflight setup.... because unlike in real life you just can not press pause... Get and write down the Freqs before you take off, it should be apart of preflight.... ggeeezzzzz does everything have to be automatedthis is tongue and cheekSteve