Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

ATI Catalyst 3.7 Out, BUT......

They do not fix the current probelms that Radeon 9xxx users are experiencing in FS9 :(I still get that flashing in full screen but text seems legeable. Although I never had a problem w/ that on my R9700 Pro anyway.

Just like I said. ATI only optimize their drivers for popular first person shooter games. They don't care about the flightsim community because we're too small. Hopefully they will fix the bug in Catalyst 3.8 in...about 1.5 to 2 months if we're lucky...or maybe in Catalyst 4.0 by early 2004...a) Live with the flashing screen for another 2 months:( Get a GeforceFX tomorrowHmmm...Decissions... ;)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

"They do not fix the current probelms that Radeon 9xxx users are experiencing in FS9."Could it be that they don't know how (probably very unlikely) or perhaps it's sour grapes because MS are currently in bed with nVidia?OR... perhaps I'm just feeling ticked off after spending over 300 GBP on this otherwise great card (9800 Pro 128MB) :(Mike

"perhaps it's sour grapes because MS are currently in bed with nVidia?"If driver programmers were that emotional, they would get fired ;)"OR... perhaps I'm just feeling ticked off after spending over 300 GBP on this otherwise great card (9800 Pro 128MB) :("That sounds more likely :(

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Agree, although the flashing seems a little less than with the 3.6's but it is certainly still there. The colors appear more natural to my eye however and the performance may be improved overall. Somewhat disappointing but I hope they'll get it right sometimes.Personally, I'll keep the 3.7's for now.

Okay, I admit it was an overreaction, but it is difficult to suppress your disappointment when you suspect that the needs of the Flightsim community are being regarded as very low priority. I can't imagine that it would have been so very difficult to resolve the bug this time around. Instead, we have to wait while the 'shootemup' enthusiasts are pandered to yet again! Ah well.....Mike

Guest FPSFREAK

>Just like I said. ATI only optimize their drivers for popular>first person shooter games. They don't care about the>flightsim community because we're too small. Hopefully they>will fix the bug in Catalyst 3.8 in...about 1.5 to 2 months if>we're lucky...or maybe in Catalyst 4.0 by early 2004...Maybe ATI should right their drivers to give the impression of a card being faster than it really is....Oh wait thats what Nvidia does..As far as the community being to small your wrong. Stop thinking locally and think globally to coin a phrase. How many copies of FS9 do you think will be sold worldwide?? How many ATI cards?? How do you know that a fix couldn't be put into the latest set because it would cause a delay and ATI is not working right alongside MS to get it right in the next release. If you want a different driver release every week go back to Nvidia. How do you know the next release isnt in a month or less. Maybe it's not an ATI issue but an MS issue w ATI hardware. You'll probably see the 4.0's before next year. Especially with the R360 soon to debut.>a) Live with the flashing screen for another 2 monthsYou and countless others so welcome to the club. Your not alone at least.>:( Get a GeforceFX tomorrowHave a nice time shopping. Oh and by the way when you get it home and the thing flashes menu's like the ATI.....What do you do than?? Those with FX's are still waiting for their flashing fix also.>Hmmm...Decissions... ;)Tough choices ya got there Bud.**Here's another great one....**"They do not fix the current probelms that Radeon 9xxx users are experiencing in FS9."Could it be that they don't know how (probably very unlikely) or perhaps it's sour grapes because MS are currently in bed with nVidia?Uh yeah that's it.....OR... perhaps I'm just feeling ticked off after spending over 300 GBP on this otherwise great card (9800 Pro 128MB)Now your talking...I'm sorry to come down so hard on you guys but ******* H Christ talk about sounding like a bunch of spoiled brats Lol. Instead of whining about it why not drop ATI an E-mail and let them know about another card w the problem. Let them know how ###### you are instead of whining to people who either don't want to hear it or can't do anything about it. If enough people let ATI know how they feel you can be sure the fix would come real quick.And Dat's Dat..Bobby

Guest papatango

I am very disappointed as well. They have a section of known issues in the Release Notes. The flickering problem, and the inability to run in full screen mode and pull up the menu, are not listed there. I wonder if they will even address the FS2004 bugs in their next release in a month or two.I have sent two bug reports now. Maybe I should send another one.PapaTango

Guest Bigshot

Like I said; I think that driver was done and in testing before we all got FS9. It's some blinking in the menu. It's an annoyance. Nothing more. MS could have made it work right. They didn't by choice. The actual sim runs and looks awesome. Now ATI & Nvidia have to fix MS' problem. Bet that makes them happy.

Guest bigun

If you will go to any resolution above 1600X1200 you will not get flashing and your text won't smear.George Stoddard

Guest Bigshot

Yeah; but then I need binoculars.

From 3.7 Release Notes:Setting the game Flight Simulator 2004 to display at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 followed by starting a new flight results in the menu being flipped just before the new flight is about to begin. This issue will be fixed in an upcoming CATALYST

Guest panzerschiffe

The 3.7's were finalized before FS2004 was even released. ATi is moving to a 4 week driver release cycle similar to Nvidia's, so hopefully it won't be too long before 3.8 comes and fixes things. For all of you who have problems, run in a maximized window. That eliminates almost all of the problems for me.

"How do you know that a fix couldn't be put into the latest set because it would cause a delay and ATI is not working right alongside MS to get it right in the next release."If ATI worked alongside MS the issue wouldn't be there at all since ATI would have tested the Beta and Gold versions of FS with their drivers. It's not just the flashing, don't forget the garbled text in checklists etc.

MSFS / XP

Sorry, George, but you are not correct in all cases. I tried 1600x1200 with my 9700 Pro and saw the same flashing and text smear. And yes, I also maxed the AA and AF. Made no difference. So maybe it help on some systems, but not on mine.