Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

ATI Catalyst 3.7 Out, BUT......

>Just like I said. ATI only optimize their drivers for popular>first person shooter games. They don't care about the>flightsim community because we're too small. Hopefully they>will fix the bug in Catalyst 3.8 in...about 1.5 to 2 months if>we're lucky...or maybe in Catalyst 4.0 by early 2004...>>>>a) Live with the flashing screen for another 2 months>>:( Get a GeforceFX tomorrow>>Hmmm...Decissions... ;)Too bad the FX series blows.lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Just a few observations from the above:Firstly, I hope that ATI are aware of and fix the shimmering Autogen textures and the anisotropic filtering slowdown.Secondly, FS2004 is top of the PC charts in the US, Germany and probably several other countries, so ATI should take it seriously.Thirdly, ATI are in bed with Microsoft as they will be supplying the graphics chips for the Xbox 2.

Guest FPSFREAK

Jimmi,I meant that how do you know they are not working right NOW with MS to fix the problem. I know about the flashing. I too suffer occasional flashing menus but I have yet to see garbled text.Bobby

Guest stefanwa

Just run the sim in windowed mode (Alt+Enter) until ATI fixes these issues. The performance loss isn't that great and you won't get the really annoying flickering.