Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

i feel neglected!!...yup...that's right:NEGLECTED!

Guest crashing_pilot

howdy all,i'm sorry to say i've not contributed anything useful to our hobby(i'll boldly presume it's a hobby for you,if not:GET HELP!),but i just have to say this:why can i get a million passenger repaints.....and only a few cargoplanes?see...i'm basically a piece of (you all know what) ,and thus only fly cargoplanes.(no need to scare -even only virtual- passengers right?i mean...ah check my nick eh)but (BUT!)to my surprise i've found only a few cargoplanes in the library,even a google search turned up little usefull.....now i know there's more then a few,but,tick in Cargo as search term:766 747's,some lost 767's,and a ####load of 727's,half of them payware,and,ofcourse,and all the cargo afcads etc,all great stuff,and i sure am glad it's there,oh forgot all those planes that come with "cargodoors",....(i don't want to load luggage!i want to fly fish!,or a can of worms! or whatever,as long as it aint humans!).. and the GREAT dash 7,and ofcourse the wonderful DC8's of HJG...but....i may be stupid(please refrain from telling me the truth here,thank you ;-) ) there are 757's that haul cargo right?....and 737's as well....right?....i even spotted some DC 9's doing cargo....but i failed to spot more then 3 of each in the library(yeah yeah,i know i'm babbling...let me for once,okay?)....not to mention the combi planes(Alaska a'l,Aloha A'l,etc).....with a few exceptions,they're almost non existant....so,on behalf of all those that are unfit to carry passengers,but able to dump fi a 737 on a 5000ft runway to deliver some packets,here comes my plea to all the great guys and girls doing what i can't do(yet):PLEASE.... P L E A S E paint some nifty cargo 737's,or go wild and paint a COMBI....as long as it ain't a 747......what,be bold,and paint a SAS dc9F....but,do the cargo!thence,forever thou shall be remembered......well,by me atleast ;-)one last thing:i've decided to try and join all the other guys and girls painting planes,so,if around umm (optimistic guess)2008 you spot a cargo 737-200/300 or a cargo dc9 in the library:i'm guilty ;-)but i'll never paint a passenger only aircraft....never!thanks for reading this load of ..umm..well... mental cargo ;-)and please,do something with it!(disclaimer:this post is NOT meant to bash all freeware painters,it's meant to vent author's frustration of not being able to find the cargo repaints he loves...if one decides it is offensive...well...too late...i'm hitting the sack ;-) )

Guest 747drvr

I got a default fed ex 737 ups and fed ex 777 want em?

Guest daveg4otu

Why not try some of the military transports--- C-5A Galaxy,Hercules,Starlifter,C-17 etc ,or if you prefer the older types there are the Fairchild Packet,Provider,Dc-4,C-124,C-133 etc etc.Some of the above are really fantastic models.I've got them all and particularly like the C-5A ,Provider and Dc-4.I think you'll find all of them in the file Library.Dave

Guest crashing_pilot

> :-lol He's finally lost it! :-lol>>try my Nomad N22, it was built just for you ;-) has cargo, an>animated lift and a swing tail for you to break your back>loading crates. >>but please dont crash it... :-)>>http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=&CurrentPage=2:-lol yup i did ;-)i've flown your great creation multiple times,and will fly it some more ;-)....i'm however sorry to report i've crashed at least once .... gotta stay faithful to the nick eh :-lolbut thanks for your reply mate ;-)

Guest crashing_pilot

hi Dave,yeah,i've got the provider,c124 and c5 as well....fantastic stuff,but,as i already mentioned:neglected by repainters all over the world.....it seems as there's a ban on cargoplanes or something...now ofcourse,i really can't whine(after which i will whine ofcourse :-lol ),as i cannot paint planes myself,but to see some of the aircraft represented in the library in a nice cargolivery,that would be real nice ;-)example:there's a ton of fedex repaints right here at Avsim...but nobody painted a 737-200,while fedex has operated some of those...it would make an interesting plane,imho ;-).but,it's back to paintshoppro,and trying to figure out how one paints cargoliveries... have a real good weekend ;-)

Guest crashing_pilot

hi Dark man....thank you mate,but umm....i already have a VH-MAL or two on my hdd ;-)enjoy flying them,and i'm also really looking forward to fs2004,for the dc3 that's in it.your series is(as are,fi,the dash 7 and GAF nomad) in fact evidence that cargoplanes CAN be beautiful,AND don't have to have the prefix BOEING followed by either 747 or 767.my post was inspired by the fact that although searching high and low for a couple of FFX 737-200 cargo repaints,i found only 1(one,although it's a beautiful one by Shane Strong->thanks mate!),and two combi's,while there have been plenty of them flying in cargo and/or combi config.after i discovered 7 delta express repaints of the same plane,i was a bit saddened(okay,okay,and a bit frustrated....maybe;-) ) by the idea that one of those might have been a cargo variant,had he/she known they existed :-(so,i decided to post my feelings...fortunately,no harm was done ;-)and,on a side note:i'm quite happy ever since i've managed to stuck a cargodoor on some passenger 737's,and re-registered them,i might even try and seek permission from the original painter to upload,so people can fly the real thing ;-)....painting them in a different livery is a different story though ;-)i really respect you guys able to do that.oh,this story holds true for the dc9 as well.regardsTom.