Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Virtual Cockpit view i FS2004 too dark

Guest dlamb

Does anyone know how to brighten up the instrument panel in virtual cocpit view within FS2004? Mine always seems very dark and hard to read.David

Guest Enzoblue

The virtual cockpit being 3d runs off your video card, so checking through your video card settings and adjusting the gamma there can help. Also most video cards come with a little program, (Colorific et al), to set the colors and such up to get the true color as you view the screen, you can go through this again and recalibrate.Also:A) To make your DVC gauges look more crisp add these line under FS9.CFG [PANELS] section:VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0posted in the reame me first.Hmmm, all I can think of atm.

Guest RichD

Have you tried turning the cockpit lights on. Ctl+L This will help. Also there is a tip over at www.fsgateway.com that shows you how to add additional lights to the cockpit. Have fun.Richard

Guest dlamb

Thanks guys. I will do some tweaking and see what happens. Have already tried the tip re fs9.config but only makes it a bit sharper. Also cockpit lights don't really bring out the details, especially in the lear panel where I find it hard to read the numbers (altitude, heading etc..). No matter I will play around with videao settings. I have a GForce Ti 4200.Thanks David

Hey DBL:Yeah, I used a fantastic little file I picked up ages ago for FS2002 that works perfectly in FS2004. It is called "vcflood3.zip" (by Gerrit Kranenbarg) and I picked it up at flightsim.com originally, I think. Anyway, it offers you an increased intensity of VC lighting in quite a fun way. It's only 64K zipped so go find it and light up your default 737, 747, and 777 VC panels !Good luck!JS

Guest dlamb

Tanks for the tip JS. Will have a look immediately. The days are drawing in over here in Ireland so I need all the light I can get!Cheers

Glad to assist. Be sure to read the WORD doc inside that zip file to give you critical guidance on installation. It does all work and you'll have two settings of VC lighting which are very good.JS