Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

FS2004: Exploring Equador - What GA plane and scenery is good for it?

I will visit Equador sometime this winter to continue on my 'visit-all-continenents' tour. So in the meantime I am trying to learn basic Spanish and exploring the land fyling around.For the flying part, I have completed some flight lessons on a Piper Archer up to one solo flight after which I stopped flying for financial reasons. Therefore I fly Dreamfleet's Archer in FS2004. The only issue is that this plane cannot handle the altitude of some of the flying in Equador. I intend to restart flying lessons again since my financial situation has greatly improved. One of my far out plans is to get a private pilots license in the hope that one day I can explore either Africa or Australia a little on plane. Most likely just a dream, but that's what we live for.So here are some question I hope you all can help me answer:1. What single engine plane either for purchase or download would be best for flight simming at high altitude? Reading the flying book 'Flying South' a Cessna 206 might be a good choice but I do not know where to find a good model for it.2. Also, are there any good photographic sceneries available for Equador for FS2004?3. I enjoy going through the full motions of flying but when starting a FS2004 flight the airplane is always fired up already. Is it possible to modify any config files so that a flight starts with the airplane sitting engine off at the ramp?Thanks in advance for any help on these questions.

to answer #3 you can start cold and dark wherever you want. Just choose the create a flight from the main menu. In regards to #2 I do not think there is mesh or and add-on scenery#1 I think that there is a PC-12 by Brian Gladden on AVSIM that is freeware. This would be a good choice. @ max weight plane has a max ceiling of 30,000 ft with a max range of 2,261nm while crusing @ 270kts. Pretty nice for a single engine turbo-prop.There was a WONDERFUL PC-6 Turbo Porter designed by Flightsim Developers that was made for FS2000 and 2k2 which would have been great but it would not be supported by FS9 since it is FSDS.Hope this helps..

Guest RTC

You may already know this, but there is a landclass scenery in the file library here: ecubf.zip - the synopsis mentions a mesh scenery avaliable from: http://www.virtualcol.com (although I'll leave you to navigate the site, its all in Spanish(?))RTC