Sign in to follow this  

POLL: If you met a good fairy...

Guest Dominik Mann

...and she would grant you the wish of getting just ONE of your favourite aircraft, which one would it be?You may, of course, list more than one aircraft - meaning those aircraft you would find yourself torn between ;-) ! If you should list more than one plane, please also state on which one you would most likely settle in the end.Here's my selection:English Electric Lightning or Blackburn Buccaneer...if I were in a more civil mood (pun :-) ), Vickers VC-10, DH Comet or Vickers Viscount...and if I could be satisfied with a GA plane it would be the Rutan Boomerang :-) .In the end, however, I think I would settle for the Lightning :D ! Freakin' great fighter she was...Cheers!

Guest glnflwrs

Dominik, I think I would have to choose a T-38 Talon. Since the F-5 and F20 are basically the same airframe, they would be my alternates. The T-38 is used as the primary trainer for the Air Force Fighter Pilot School, and besides, it looks cool.Glenn

Boeing BBJ or Boeing Super27.

I would be torn between frivolous and practicality.For my frivolous side I would pick the F4U Corsair. It just looks and sounds so wonderful. Even if I never flew it I would still like to own one.For my practical side I would pick the Citation Jet. Single-pilot certified and good short-field performance.Ok, where is that fairy??

Hi Dominik,If I had to choose then it must be a Dragon Rapide, thats when pilots were pilots, seat of your pants sort of stuff. There are many jets (nothing wrong with that) but I just hanker and prefer to fly the old way. Strange when I belong to a VA flying heavy metal some of the time.regardsPeter

Hmmm, I would go for either a BBJ or the Airbus Business A318 :D. Umm I suppose it depends as to where I wanna go

Gotta have a 727. I'd love to fly the "three-holer" I think more than any other.Denny

Hello,One plane I haven't seen in quite a while is the C-5A/B Galaxy. I suppose it's a bear to model, lots of strange curvatures in the fuselage, etc. But I've always loved the huge lumbering, almost slow motion, flight of the old beast. And those "air raid" sounding engines...nothing else quite like it...And a really nice and accurate Cessna 150 with panel (coming soon maybe,I hear)DaveKCOS

Guest Raptors4590

Gulfstream G-V

B747-400JimCYWG

I would be torn between a brand new Seneca V (with full avionics suite), a brand new Commander 115TC (with full avionics suite), or one of my personal favorites, a nice custom Cheyenne IIIA. However, if I had to choose, itd be a close one between all three, with me finally settling for the Cheyenne because its a lot more practical than either two, not to mention the sweetest looking of them all. As it was put in Private Pilot magazine "The Cheyenne IIIA is the essence of sweet." :-lolScott