Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

Key assignment keeps on changing & random crashing

Hi,this is driving me crazy... my ATC key keeps on either changing from ` to that vertical small line (can't reproduce it here), or the assignment gets cleared completely. It happens randomly, anytime, even in the middle of a flight.Besides that, I can't get rid of the cockpit tips anymore! QUICKTIPS=0 in my cfg file (that's the one, right?) plus the appropriate field is un-ticked inside the sim's settings. Any ideas?On another front, I had random crashes and reboots - running an Athlon XP3000+ on an Asus nForce2 MOBO, geForce 3, 1GB RAM and WinXP professional, all patched and updated. Today I plugged that famous Win XP/2000 security hole (IPSecTools) and crashes have totally ceased so far. Thanks!Regards,JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

My first effort would be to sort out the crashes and reboots, that shouldn't happen, unless of course you are not telling us everything, like overclocking the Athlon :-)Once you get a stable system you might have a better chance of finding the cause of your key assignments going AWOL.As a temporary measure try setting the fs9.cfg file to read only.Best of luck.

Hi Vulcan,hehe, I'm not hiding anything... :)I did get rid of the crashes and my Athlon is not overclocked. In fact, this started happening in FS2002 and it's the same in CoF. There must be something that triggers the change/clears the ATC key assignment, although I can't think of anything. The cockpit tooltips are there all the time, no matter what I do. Thanks for your reply, I'll try to set the fs9.cfg read only. By the way, what creates fs9.cfg.txt?? I'm pretty sure it's not me. :)Regards,JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

>By the way, what creates fs9.cfg.txt?? I'm pretty sure it's not me.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

And here's the cure for the other issue:In your fs9.cfg enter the linelocked=1as the first line inside the section of the controller you don't want to change assignments anymore. In YOur case that would be{KEYBOARD_MAIN}locked=1-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com