Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sinbad

ATR72-500

Guest Sinbad

Does anyone know if the great ATR72-500 for FS2002, by Francisco S

It flys great, but there are some problems with the instrument panel. The needles and displays on the primary flight instruments do not always line up with the gauges (airspeed, altimeter, etc.) and it has the control-acceleration bug where headings in the AP can only be set in ten-degree increments. Other than that, though, it works just fine.

Guest Sinbad

OK. Thanks for the info. I was hoping to be able to use it when I load 2004 this weekend. I guess I'll wait for a possible patch.Steve

Hi,I bought FS9 recently and have not yet been able to make an update. I'll upload it to the library when ready.With respect to the "10 degrees increments bug", it is in fact a kind of bug in FS since 2002 version. Can be corrected by using FSUIPC and activating the "fix control acceleration" option.Paco

Hi Paco...First things first: Great Aircraft you provide us with, thank you.I have tried to fly both your ATR42 and 72 in FS9 and was able to pin the problem to the *.xml files in the *.cab archives for your gauges.Looks like the information is interpreted differently in FS9Been messing around a bit and was able to reposition the Flap Indicator Needle, but I can't script to save my life. Maybe this helps to track the bug a little easier for you.:)

Hi,Any help will be TRULY appreciated! I'm a bit desperate, as I can not find any systhtematic on what to change: some gauges I have been able to correct by code, some by resizing bitmaps... inside the ADI, some bitmaps did not need resizing, some did; repositioning one bitmap moves other not linked to it... So far I have been able to correct the ADI, the arspeed indicator and the HSI, so still there is a long way.Because of this, I also had to postpone the work on my Connie project.Paco

Here is what I did:In the FSC.ATR.fl.cab is a file called flaps indicator.xmlAs far as I understood, the line{ImageName="Flaps_Needle.bmp"points to="East" Image Sizes="33,10,82,13"}refers to the Bitmap used for the needle, it's direction and size.{Axis x="3"y="3"} ( the {} are <> of course....)is the position of the bitmap in reference to the top left corner. I replaced the values with x=28 and y=28 to move the flap, but the needle seems too small and it's trailing edge is pointing to the top right corner, just as if all I did was move the left part of the bitmap down but the right part stayed put.I couldn't quite figure out how to fix that, but the gauge itself worked. It would ot correspond to the markings on the background though.

Just a word of encouragement and appreciation--I miss the ATR72-500. Thanks for continuing to work on it.Randall

Several aircraft designers when attempting to use FS2K2 textures in FS2K4 complained that the overlays were a few pixels off. Perhaps the graphics interpolation algorithms in FS2K4 are different requiring the repositioning of bitmaps as suggested.