Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Stuttering in FS9!

I am getting good FPS in FS9 but am experiencing quite bad stuttering in both the graphics and sounds. Anything I can do to try and fix it? Not sure if it's liked but I have just installed REX. Andy Solaini

Just three quickies to try (won't hurt):1. Do a full defrag (e.g. with SmartDefrag)2. Set a limit to your FS9 FPS (e.g. to 25 or 30)3. Trun off your AV for flying or at least make FS9 an exceptionMaybe it will help, who knows.PS: Once I even had stutters due to mouse drivers or rather its software tool (no manufacturer here to avoid bashing).

Rafal already mentioned some very good points, but I have afew to add.1.Do a full defrag (e.g. with SmartDefrag)2.Set a limit to your FS9 FPS (e.g. to 25 or 30)3.Trun off your AV for flying or at least make FS9 an exception4.Try lowering your gfx.(For exsample try the defaults)5.Edit your fs9.cfg, for good tweaks search the forum.6.Use CCleaner to clear up any rubbisch which might be sitting in the wrong place.Good luck and let us know !

Get Gamebooster as well its freeware from I-obit and well used by simmers.It will close down unnecessary services before a sim session and give your CPU a boost.(don't expect miracles but it does seem to help)Its automatic in operation and you won't need a degree in Geekology.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Make sure you have no DXT3 files without alpha channel embedded.Ghiom

Make sure you have no DXT3 files without alpha channel embedded.Ghiom
How can I know that ?Thanks.