Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Will the default fs9 737 with the new autopilot in vc work in fs8?

Guest Pabra

If so, is it ok to be uploaded or is that a copyright issue?It's the one thing I'm missing for a complete 737 vc in fs8.I am aware that it won't be clickable.Thx for answers.

As far as I am aware, the autopilot in the default 737 has not changed. What has changed, is the structure of the FDEs. The A/P's functionality will be limited by the default parameters of the sim, so you would gain no additional functionality by moving the A/P from FS2004 to FS2002. As to copyright, if you want to move a constituent file from one copyright-protected product to another, you are free to do so for your personal use. However, as far as publishing a work that includes part of one of the protected products goes, you're treading on very thin ice - more likely than not you will be breaching a copyright. However, there's nothing stopping you from posting the instructions on how to 'merge' the two products.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Pabra

What I mean is I would like to have the fs9 default 737 in my fs8 because it has a working autopilot in the vc and fs8 hasn't, however I haven't got fs9, so I'm asking if anyone would upload it if possible. I would'nt mind having the new lear either :-)

Simply put, that would be piracy. You're asking for someone to upload part of a copyright-protected program, which is illegal. The only person who could upload it, is the author or copyright holder, in this case Microsoft. You could try asking MS, if they'd give you a discount for just buying the 737 and the Learjet, rather than a full copy of FS2004. My guess is that your chances are very slim.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg