Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jozef_K

FULL SCREEN Dragging to a second monitor (solved!!!)

Guest sbdwag

I just discovered this last night. On my system Using a Radeon 9800 pro for the first monitor and a Rage 128 pci for the second monitor on the same couputer I can drag to the second monitor in FULL SCREEN MODE with 100 percent repeatability. Heres how.Open the window you want to drag into the second monitor and place it to the edge of the display so more that fifty percent is off the screen. Then close that window however you like using the associated icon, pulldown menus or right clicking on it. Then open it again. THATS IT!! The window will appear in the other monitor. Drag it where ever you like. To put in back into the first monitor drag it to the OTHER side of the monitor (from where it appeared first) more that fifty percent off the screen close it and the reopen it and it will jump back into the first monitor.Let me know if you have success with this techniqueDennis Waggoner

by doing that and going into spot view, where does the plane sit? does it sit between the two monitors?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest sbdwag

Dont know about that. Works just like 2002 for me now. If I want to drag panels into the second monitor.Dennis

Another Important find... Great Job.....:-jumpyWorks for me exactly as you describe.... Both ways, and it's pretty simple too.Also note, I have what are now some older video cards.ThanksBob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

That's not quite like FS2002 as I remember it. In FS2002, I could drag the gauge window over to the second monitor and it would stay there.Dennis, what happens when after you have moved the gauge window to the second monitor and you return to "window" mode with Alt+Enter (as opposed to after you press Alt+Enter to enter "Full Screen" mode)? Do the gauge windows stay put or do they return to the first monitor? Maybe having a second graphics card driving the second monitor like your configuration will solve this problem...I hope... I hope!Larry Jones

Guest GrouchoMarxist

No dice...When I follow the technique, the dragged windows just stay at the side of the screen and never jump to the other monitor.As I've posted elsewhere, nothing works for me. :-hangIt might have something to do with the fact that my secondary vid card is ancient, but it used to work fine for bits of panels in FS2K2.Please look into this, MS!

Guest sbdwag

Seemes to work with most other people. Make sure you drag it over half way off the screen then just close it and reopen it. Try a default plane and use one of the panels like the radios or throttle and use the icon to open and close it. Sometimes there will only be just alittle of the panel in the other monitor and if your not carefull you will miss it. What kind of video cards and operating system do you have. Im wondering if this might only work in Windows XPRegardsDennis

Guest GrouchoMarxist

Make sure you drag it over half way off the screen then just close it and reopen it. Try a default plane and use one of the panels like the radios or throttle and use the icon to open and close it. Sometimes there will only be just alittle of the panel in the other monitor and if your not carefull you will miss it.Tried it again. Nothing there.What kind of video cards and operating system do you have. Im wondering if this might only work in Windows XPI'm using XP.My video cards are a GeForce3 Ti200, and a very old Matrox Millenium PCI (with 4 meg, I think). This card could be the problem, but I'm sort of wary of buying another card to find out.It does work with the windowed and then undock and drag method, but the windows scoot back to the primary monitor when I go to full screen on it, making it useless anyway.

Tangiential question here, but why are you using a PCI card for the secondary display adaptor when every Radeon 9800 that I've come across supports dual monitors?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest sbdwag

Tangiential question here, but why are you using a PCI card for the secondary display adaptor when every Radeon 9800 that I've come across supports dual monitors?I originally had a Geforce 3 card and replaced it with a Radeon Pro My system was working fine using a second PCI card and I never got around to configuring the second monitor on the Radeon. Besides I now can easily add a third monitor anytime.Dennis Waggoner

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Worked for me. Running ATi Radeon 7500LE, and ATi's new 3.7 drivers, though I lost the ability to use the mouse wheel to change radio freq's on the second monitor.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child