Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Disappearing props - A solution?

OK, so on older add-ons, we have to live with problems in FS2004 until someone comes up with a fix.I moved Bill Lyons' Bobcat to FS2004, ignored the incompatibility warning (said NO to disabling functions) and everything works perfectly. Landing gear, moving control surfaces, virtual cockpit etc. all working as they should.Everything, that is, except for the bloody props!So what's so special about the props? :-(

John

As a prolific repainter of Jan Visser's DC-3s which have the same problem in FS2004 - and only that problem, as they fly better than the default and everything else works - I'm thinking of starting the "Prop Appreciation Society". We'd have counselling sessions and take turns; put a spin on things and invite all keen young blades. What do you think? There'd be a few cranks, no doubt, but I still think we could have the leading edge. Any tips?I fear it's down to one thing that FSDS models can't hack in FS2004. It's amazing that everything else works, n'est ce pas, but short of a total rebuild of any afflicted aircraft in FSDS2, I don't think there's a way around it.But don't switch to jets because of that! You should be flying in the cockpit anyway, LOL.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Very true Mark. Thanks for the reply.Shame though,I suppose we just have to wait for the fixes.I like your turn of phrase by the way. Spin, blades, cranks, leading edge.......Makes me miss those props even more.:-hah

John