Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

SSW A310 very nice now

Thanks for your input. I've been interested in this product for awhile, but I have worried about frame rates and flying problems. It sounds like the package is coming together.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Clement Guivarc h

hey Mikealpha, do you know if the visual model has been updated too ? Does the v1.2 feature dynamic shine ? thanks.../)_/). _ Cl

Guest mikealpha

Clement,haven't noticed any changes regarding the outside model. As far as I know, what has been adressed in 1.2 is general functionality, flight model, AP modes and some extra panel features. And their pretty restrictive protection system has been changed to a lighter, less restrictive version.Mike

Guest Howard

Mike,Based on your thoughts I may will purchase,regardsHoward

Hi,I can not agree with you.I can still not load the SSW A310 at all in FS2002 nor in FS2004. I get the "Debugg error" messages in both sims. (Not installed at the same time)I have tried to install Version 1.1 with the 1.2 update, and the Recent gauge file. I have tried to install the full Version 1.2, but nothing,..and I repeat NOTHING helps!Yes, I have the Navdata in FS2002/SSW folder.Yes, I have used the "SFClean" file.Yes, I have cleaned the whole Windows Registry.No, I have not been able to load the plane even once since I purchased it some month ago.No, I have not had any problems to get the right Reg code.No, I am not happy at all with this program.Yes, if SSW does not solve this whole thing (and I am not alone at all. Many still have exactly the same problems as I have), I will go for a full refund.For SSW to be able to solve all problems, they need to start communicating with their customers. And I can not see any improvment even on that part. :-(But,...still hoping SSW will come out and "shake hands" with all unhappy customers.Staffan Ahlberg

Staffan

All went fine with my NEW installation! I guess now I know how to do it! ;) it's tricky mind you... Anyway I was doing a non rev flight since I'm still testing the plane, and during cruise after checking all the systems, went to the aft upper panel and just for curiousity changed the default "auto" temperature to the cockpit and cabin to a warmer temp and guess what!!?!?? in the EICAS the THERMOMETER STARTED TO RAISE!!!!!! :) and when defaulted the values started to descend.... this is an amazing litle detail, turning this add-on in an (hopefully) near future a true must have. Of corse that in its current state it still need A LOT of fixing but it's going in the right way....Jos

Guest Skedflyer

Hi Staffan,I had the same problems, This is what I did.1. Full uninstall and went in to FS ans mannually deleted any left over files.I went into reg edit and deleted all SSW entries. Make sure you put OLDMODULES sswa310.dll=1 in fs9.cfg if your installing there.Then I didn't bother with install 1.1 or 1.2, I used Installer version 1. and installed V1.2 then i use the reg cleaner SSW supplied.And all seems fine.Also try it with and without the FS9 no-cd crack.If you need installer 1 i'll be happy to send it to you.I know you mite have try all this too, this plane seems to be a battle for everyone.

Guest Howard

Dennis/Mike,How bad are the bugs?RegardsHoward

Guest Skedflyer

In truth, right now in version 1.2 the biggest bug is just installing it. Their is a process of jumping through hoops install and uninstall, debugging error etc.. but once you get it installed, it is the most complete panel compaired to many of the recent released panels..

Guest mikealpha

Howard,not really showstopping bugs, some minor system inconsistencies and FMA annunciations, but this could also well be my misunderstanding from the real manual (delivered by SSW). But I completed a flight using the Normal Procedures Manual and it went smooth as silk. As I said, the plane banks a bit spontaneous (3 sec from level to 25 deg bank), but that is an often seen airliner disease in FS, hopefully they can correct this.What I like is the very smooth operating vertical modes and the fast reacting autothrottle. Speeds are only exceeded very minor e.g. in Level Change Mode and vertical speeds are very "passenger friendly".Mike----------------------TO AVSIM : Sorry for posting the screenshots further above, I just noticed I missed the rules. Please remove the screenshots from thread, I can't anymore. ----------------------

Guest mikealpha

Dennis,yes, installation seems tricky, but I think it's only for those with Versions before 1.2, that have any remainders of their old activation procedure somewhere in their system.I removed everything before I installed the 1.2 full version and haven't seen any error message yet.Mike

ok i have paid for this product now what is supposed to happen next?? i only have an email stating that my purchase was succesful, but no download link or file whatsoever .. i bought it about five hours ago and still havent received a thing .. can't get registered on the ssw forums either :-(

Guest Skedflyer

Go into the registered Users area and register with the same info from your order.I belive it takes some time for SSW to update there records.

Guest Tim

Hi LeFreakGo to www.simsoftworkshop.com - on the right hand menu click Registered User area. Click where it says for a new user to activate your account. Type in your details and click "Activate"That's your part done. Now SSW have to activate your account and then you can access the downloads. You will know when your account is activated as you will be able to sign into the registered users area.I think that is the correct way as I did this ages ago.Also if you are having forum probs, email support(@)simsoftworkshop.com and ask them to manually activate your forum account or ask them to help you out.They are usually very good through email with replying fast during their working hoursTim **EDIT** : Just realised Skedflyer answered your Question. Must have cross posted :)

>Hi Staffan,>>I had the same problems, This is what I did.>>1. Full uninstall and went in to FS ans mannually deleted any>left over files.>>I went into reg edit and deleted all SSW entries. >Make sure you put OLDMODULES sswa310.dll=1 in fs9.cfg if your>installing there.>Then I didn't bother with install 1.1 or 1.2, I used>Installer version 1. and installed V1.2 then i use the reg>cleaner SSW supplied.>>And all seems fine.>>Also try it with and without the FS9 no-cd crack.>>If you need installer 1 i'll be happy to send it to you.>>I know you mite have try all this too, this plane seems to be>a battle for everyone.Hi Dennis,OK, thanks for your suggestion,..But the issue here is that I have deleated the whole FS9 (don

Staffan