Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

SSW A310 very nice now

And why does the FSNav format of flightplans is supported in the FMC menu? I mean, when I right-click my mouse hovering over the FMC, I can choose between SSW and FSNAv flightplans and where to load them.But FSNav plans creates errors.So, that means it seems that latest Update added the import function. But it doesnt work.It makes no sense to add this function but without the abillity to realy load FSNav plans. Better to leave this import function completely out 'till they programmed it finaly ready and working.

Guest Tim

Quote from jeffg "still get a internal #225 error than a CTD"HiTry opening up your registry. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/SSWIf you find that the actual location of the SSW folder in the registry isHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Software/SSW then the installation has caused a small problem,read this thread http://www.simsoftworkshop.com/forum/showt...hlight=registryShould sort your problemTim

Jeff, you are not alone I have the exact same #225 error message you have. I also cannot get on the forum (no one seems to want to activate my forum account) nor can I get any response from the support email.I tried this on separate machines one with FS2002, the other with FS2004, same error on both.I'm using the full 2.1 Install I never had 1.1 Installed.I can deal with the problems, but this inability to communicate with them is damn frustrating.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest jeffg

I have done everything that the threads say to do,I have uninstalled 3 times went into regedit after each uninstall and removed the SSW registry and it had software only listed once.I have all the files set up right and also tried the newer gau file and still get a internal error # 225.I am pulling my hair out so I tried to reinstall FS2002 and the same thing happened internal error # 225 but the plane showed up but unable to get anything to run.I would get the click sounds but no lights would come one and the EFIS panels were blank.I went back and uninstalled FS2002 and cleaned up the registry and tried again same thing with same error and CTD.Where to next? JeffG

Guest bigun

It makes total sense to have the FSNAV import function on the update. The SSW team is working with FSNav to make it compatible with the 310. When FSNAV is modified, the feature will be available on the 310. They incorporated the import function into the update so it would be ready. What's wrong with that?George Stoddard

>It makes total sense to have the FSNAV import function on the >update. The SSW team is working with FSNav to make it compatible >with the 310. When FSNAV is modified, the feature will be available >on the 310. They incorporated the import function into the update >so it would be ready. What's wrong with that?Actually it does not make much sense.The FSNav file format is not going to be modified, other programs are already importing it. It is not going to be changed just for SSW and then be incompatible with the other programs.So if the FSNav feature doesn't work now, its not going to work later.Its clear to me this feature will not work until the next SSW update, whenever that is. Which means the FSNav import feature should have been disabled in the last release. Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Hi Jeff, I did it all too, the registry settings, etc.Its not your fault Jeff, nor mine. Clearly there is something wrong with the 1.2 Install process.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest bigun

Oh well,, hope your wrong Ernie:)By the way, I use your FSBuild for beta for the PMDG737 and it's fantastic. Waiting patiently for the final.George Stoddard

Guest jeffg

I still can't get the Airbus installed,I keep getting a internal error #225 and I have tried to post on the SSW web site and still no luck with that too.I would love to be able to fly. JeffG

Guest mikealpha

Just thought after the lot of confusion with the initial release it should be mentioned the A310 is very nice now. Some with older version still seem to have some problems with the transition to the 1.2 version, but I'm having a blast with it in FS2004.One shouldn't compare apples with oranges, so just as a general comparison to a recent product : The flight part is not as polished as the PMDG 737 yet. The 310 feels a little nervous when flown manually and slightly overpowered (just my opinion). Vertical AP modes work very well (Profile and LVL/CH mode), also perfect Autoland. Lateral modes need some finetuning. The plane banks a bit rough and the AP oscillates +/- 800 ft around the selected altitude during bank, but it's no showstopper.OTOH it's more complete than the PMDG 737 : FMC is more complete, IRS is working, multiple monitor undocking of windows works fine, keystrokes can be assigned, so I can fly it using my yoke and pedestal buttons and not like the 737NGs "mouse-only" operation.Also the 310 has the best framerate of all my Airliner addons.However, interesting sim experience to fly what Airbus has done one generation before the A320-A340, e.g. the unique Autothrust system with Thrust Rating panel of the 310.Mike

Guest jeffg

Ernie, Hope SSW will find out whats the matter and fix it so I can fly this Airbus but the way its going I am not holding my breath.I have just put my mind to wasting $40.00 and a very good lesson learned.I as George said can't wait for the final as the new beta is great. Jeff

Thanks Jeff, George, glad you like the FSB2 program.The screenshots and stuff really look good, and other people have it working, so I'm keeping up hope SSW acknowledges there is a problem and fixes it. Cause it looks to be a really good package.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest SSW Evgueni

@ErnieA310SSW + FSBUILDI can not find yours Email.Write to me pleaseThere are questions to you concerning interaction of our programs.EvgueniSSW Team

Guest jeffg

Evgueni, How about addressing the problems that we have listed and answering emails to tech support. JeffG

Hi Jeff, support they finally got back to me today. For me the problem was resolved by copying the navdata file into the /ssw folder.Have you tried this yet ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg