Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Can You Disable ATC Window Once It's Enabled

I can't find a way...Sometimes I want to disable the ATC because I just get tired of all the noise. Now the instructions say to turn the Master Avionics Switch off, which works. But this disables all radios, etc., and that's not good. And when you turn it back on, the ATC is back.I've tried turning off everything I can think of, but it still returns, once it's been enabled one time.Is the only solution to never turn it on in the first place, or am I missing something ?TIABob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest Grey_Wolf

try tuning Com1 to a diffrent frequency

Guest artl

>I can't find a way...>>Sometimes I want to disable the ATC because I just get tired>of all the noise. To kill the noise:While flying go to options | settings | sound, and uncheck the Air Traffic Control box, or pull the slider all the left. When you want it back, just go back there and restore it.Or at the introductory screen, go to "settings" and do the same thing.To kill the window:Go to options | settings | ATC and un-check "Show ATC text" and un-check "Auto open ATC Window". Those you do not have to restore. You can always get the window back with the reverse quote (what IS that called, anyway), and having the text running is kind of a pain and distracting anyway.Is that what you are looking for, or did I not understand your query???Art.

Thanks for the replies.I guess I wasn't clear enought.Once I enable ATC with either the on panel icon or the "`" key, I would at times like to abort that system all together. That includes both the sound and ATC choose boxes. Sometimes I just want piece and quite and no boxes. And I hate those damned things popping up for some meaningless thing, sometimes right at the critical time in a landing when I'm just flying for fun.The above suggestions all work more or less to some degree, but not completely. Some just kill the sound, and others just the boxes. And it's not that quick and simple to change all those settings both ways (on & Off).It seems logical, to me at least, that there should be a simple key somewhere to just turn ATC off all together. Essentially a "hot-key" on/off toggle. But it seems as thought once you turn it on, it's on for good until you end the flight.That's what I was looking for, a simple on/off toggle.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest freequest

go to traffic and turn AI traffic to 0% then go to the sound menu and turn ATC(or whatever the applicable soption is) off. Then last of all in the ATC optons meny turn of the ATC text option... that way nothing will pop out and you wont hear a peep.

Guest artl

>Thanks for the replies.>>I guess I wasn't clear enought.>>Once I enable ATC with either the on panel icon or the "`">key, I would at times like to abort that system all together. >That includes both the sound and ATC choose boxes. Sometimes>I just want piece and quite and no boxes. And I hate those>damned things popping up for some meaningless thing, sometimes>right at the critical time in a landing when I'm just flying>for fun.>>The above suggestions all work more or less to some degree,>but not completely. A one-click solution, would require the creation of a "gauge" which you would have to install onto the panel of every aircraft... someone may eventually come up with such.Until then, I suspect that you did not actually try the suggestions, because they do work "completely". If you uncheck the "Show ATC Text" and the "Auto-open ATC Window" check-boxes in Setting - ATC, then the boxes will NEVER pop up, unless you ask for them with the back-quote key. And if you do happen to pop one up accidentally, you make it go away with the same back-quote key.Since this is the realistic way to operate, you never really have to reverse those un-checks. ATC will still "work" if you want it... just use the back-quote. But if you never use the back-quote, you never see the ATC boxes, even if ATC calls YOU.Now for the noise, admittedly you have to hit the alt key so that the menu becomes active, choose options-settings-sound from the menu, and uncheck one box ("ATC"). This will interrupt your flight for about 10 seconds.Then you will have to do it again to check the box to get ATC sound back.How often do you do that???

Guest BP

The ` is called Tildi. :)Does anyone know how to have the ATC window open "ONLY" when messages are sent you? Disabling/enabling the auto window gives one either "every aircraft, including to you" communications in the text box or no text box at all. Having the text box pop up for all comms is a total pain in the butt.I have tried every combination but can't get the text box to open for comms sent just to me.Is there anything in the FS9.cfg I can change?BP

1. UNCHECKED BOX - Show ATC Text2. CHECKED BOX - Auto-open ATC window3. CHECKED BOX - Use a pilots voiceFor me,The ATC window only opens with my/your reply options to an ATC call.All other ATC is voice only. I have found it very convenient to open the Kneeboard and click on the earphone icon to review an ATC instruction that I missed or didn't hear well enough.

Guest BP

>>1. UNCHECKED BOX - Show ATC Text>>2. CHECKED BOX - Auto-open ATC window>>3. CHECKED BOX - Use a pilots voiceI get either a text box for all or nothing at all. I'd like to see the box open only when messages are to sent me.

Same with me. I have to manually open the box to answer ATC. Would like to make it like it was in FS2K2, if possible.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Let me be as clear as I can be. With the checked and unchecked boxes , FS 2004 (FS9), in the example in my previous message.When I am flying along enroute, I can hear the ATC chatter to other traffic (NO ATC window opens showing the dialogue). When ATC calls me for instructions or squake codes there is NO ATC window open showing me what they are saying. The ATC window only opens with my reply options. I pick the reply option, 1,2,3,4 etc, and I hear my voice reply to ATC. If I can't hear the ATC voice or forget their instructions I can go into the Kneeboard and click on the earphone icon. It shows me what the ATC said including my previous transmissions to ATC.I am at a loss if your FS9 doesn't work this way.

I have to ditto this one. Mine works exactly the same - ATC only pops up when message is for me - else sound only.vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors