Sign in to follow this  
Guest Virtual_Secret

Microphone Input Problems

Guest ZuluZulu

I just started to have an issue with my microphone input levels. It seems every time I click in the middle of my WX radar to open the FS2crew gauge, it resets my microphone input level to 0. In other words, I set my mic level to about 50-60% in windows 7, speech recognition hears and understands me perfect. I then click open the fs2crew interface in the J41 and my mic input slider is moved down to 0%. FS2crew then can't hear me at all. I then have to shrink down FSX go back into my microphone settings in windows to raise my input level back up.I never had this issue until just today.Any help would be appreciated with this.ThanksRichard M.

I just started to have an issue with my microphone input levels. It seems every time I click in the middle of my WX radar to open the FS2crew gauge, it resets my microphone input level to 0. In other words, I set my mic level to about 50-60% in windows 7, speech recognition hears and understands me perfect. I then click open the fs2crew interface in the J41 and my mic input slider is moved down to 0%. FS2crew then can't hear me at all. I then have to shrink down FSX go back into my microphone settings in windows to raise my input level back up.I never had this issue until just today.Any help would be appreciated with this.ThanksRichard M.
Hi Richard,You using XP?I know with XP (but not Vista/Win 7) the mic volume level will go to full when the FS2Crew Main Panel opens, but I've never heard of it going to zero.You said this just started happening.So you didn't have this problem before when using FS2Crew J41 Edition?If so, what did you change on your system?Cheers,

Guest Virtual_Secret
Hi Richard,You using XP?I know with XP (but not Vista/Win 7) the mic volume level will go to full when the FS2Crew Main Panel opens, but I've never heard of it going to zero.You said this just started happening.So you didn't have this problem before when using FS2Crew J41 Edition?If so, what did you change on your system?Cheers,
Thanks so much for the fast reply.Using windows 7 64bit. Only thing that I have changed is I installed the Maddog version of FS2crew this morning and also changed from using Squawk Box 4 to FSINN. As soon I I tried using the Maddog fs2crew version, I noticed it wasn't hearing me at all. Thats when I went to change my input levels in windows. Didn't give it much thought at the time. Then tonight I tried another flight in the J41 and noticed it again. Thats what prompted me to look into this.I loaded FSX up without the FSINN thinking that might be the problem but am still noticing a reduction in the input levels. Might this be a compatibility issue using both the maddog and j41 fs2crews on the same system? Is there some type of .cfg file fs2crew uses to auto level the mic input? Does windows 7 have some type of microphone auto leveling feature I'm not aware of?Thanks so much again,Richard M.

Thanks so much for the fast reply.Using windows 7 64bit. Only thing that I have changed is I installed the Maddog version of FS2crew this morning and also changed from using Squawk Box 4 to FSINN. As soon I I tried using the Maddog fs2crew version, I noticed it wasn't hearing me at all. Thats when I went to change my input levels in windows. Didn't give it much thought at the time. Then tonight I tried another flight in the J41 and noticed it again. Thats what prompted me to look into this.I loaded FSX up without the FSINN thinking that might be the problem but am still noticing a reduction in the input levels. Might this be a compatibility issue using both the maddog and j41 fs2crews on the same system? Is there some type of .cfg file fs2crew uses to auto level the mic input? Does windows 7 have some type of microphone auto leveling feature I'm not aware of?Thanks so much again,Richard M.
Hi Richard,I use Win 7, too.I suspect FSINN may the culprit. I'd uninstall it as a test.The voice versions of FS2Crew share many of the same basic components, so installing multiple versions won't affect anything.Cheers,

Guest Virtual_Secret
Hi Richard,I use Win 7, too.I suspect FSINN may the culprit. I'd uninstall it as a test.The voice versions of FS2Crew share many of the same basic components, so installing multiple versions won't affect anything.Cheers,
Ok, a bit of an update.I had been using the built in audio on my motherboard for my microphone and headset and using my soundblaster pci card for my main speakers. Today I went ahead and plugged in another sound card into my 2nd pci slot and bypassed the motherboard sound all together. Having no issues at all now. Seems something (hardware/driver) didn't like me using the motherboard sound with FSINN and FS2crew together.Thanks so much for the effort in helping me though.Richard M.