Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

How to Find ILS Frequency in GPS

Guest Stanner1953

Does anyone know how to find ILS and VOR frequencies while flying a flight plan using the GPS?? I know one can go to the map, and then to the destination airport, and get the data. Also when one first prepares the flight plan, again go to the destination airport for the data. However, I would like to know if one can get this data within the GPS itself. I read one sarcastic post that said that once the ILS approach is activated in the GPS, it automatically loads the ILS frequency into the Nav radio. I do not think this is correct, since I tried it, and it did not work. I had to know the ILS etc frequencies, and load them into the radio manually. Can this be done within the GPS, and if so how?ThanksStanner

Guest Enzoblue

K, the dial on the gps has two dials, the big one at the bottom and the small one on the top of the big one right? The big one is for changing Page Groups and the small one is for changing Pages within Groups.To get to the ILS freq's:The GPS opens up at the Nav Group's main page. Hit the Bigger dial until you get to the WPT page. The airport you are at will be there, (if you want a different airport you have to hit the Direct To button and put in another. It's a pain to do, but I can explain how if you want, just ask).When you are at the WPT page group, hit the smaller dial and go to the 3rd page of the WPT group, the one with a bunch of 'Approach''s on the top. Now tap the cursor button once to go into cursor mode, then use the Big dial to cursor down the page. The runway's and their ILS freq's will be at the bottom.:D

Guest RSmith

One of the better features, too, for those of us (me) who depart with an ILS destination, without full pre-flight planning. And, the GPS information is avaialable without pausing the sim, like the map view does. I don't like the pauses while going to map....The readme "Using the GPS" is a worthy print-out. I have it sitting on my desk - have read it twice, refer to it often. The auto-radio tune is a feature described on both pages 16 & 19.Basically - the feature works like :D's description above. When you find the frequency you are looking for on the WPT page, you highlight the frequency you want, hit enter. The GPS places the freq. into the "stanby" side of your nav. or com. radio.Ron

Guest macman4

Is this only for FS9 or does it also work with FS2002. I have FS2002 and can't find "Using the GPS"

Guest Stanner1953

Enzoblue,Thank you. I never found it in the FS9 GPS manual.Stanner

Guest Stanner1953

Macman4The FS9 GPS manual is only for FS9. Why do you not try the help section of FS2002, and in the index look under GPS. The FS2002 GPS is easier to operate than the GPS in FS9, but it is not as comprehensive.Stanner