Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Lancair Legacy 2000 For FS2002 Released

Guest jason2112

Wow, the pics look fantastic! I'm glad you chose such a beautiful and interesting plane to model. Don't get me wrong, I love Cessnas and Pipers, but there are a lot of modern GA planes that deserve a good FS model. I'm really looking forward to you FS2004 version!VOlker :]

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!THANK YOU!I have been waiting for her for a LONG time!!Thanks again for all the hard work!!:) :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest danowat

Hi Bob,Thank you, it is a great plane, also apart from the GPS, I changed the one supplied to the default FS2004 one, it seems to work very well in FS2004, so at least 2004 users can get a fix of the action until the 2004 version comes along :).ThanksDan.

It turned out better than I could have imagined... Great work! Flying it down Owens Valley as I write... Here's a link to a tribute shot (snapped over Western Europe)....http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=81336&page=No one has ever captured the beautiful curves of a Lancair as well as this aircraft does.... You've created a real MSFS classic!-John

Guest Fly1

Wow, I stepped away from the computer for awhile. Glad they finally posted it. I agree the FS2002 GPS is so-so, but it was better than the old one. I have taken it out of the one for FS9, opting for the default unit. John, man - thanks for your support all through this project. It's kept me going when those rough time hit.There will be a fix put out shortly for the FS2002 version due to a texture matter that was just solved.The FS9 version shouldn't be too long. Just want to check a few more things.Thanks a bunch!!Bob C.

Absolutely one of the best greeware models I have EVER downloaded!The curves and detail are extraordinary, not to mention the textures are very crisp.I only have 1 tiny issue. The "slits" on top of the wings seem to "flash" (ie, flashing textures). Not sure if this is a texture issue or a model issue but I thought I'd give you a heads up anyways. Once again, superlative work!!!!:)

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest danowat

Hi Bob,I did't mean that the plane was ok apart from the GPS :), I did'nt convey myself very well there!!!.What I meant was the supplied GPS was crashing FS2004, so had to be replaced with the default one.Just had a blast flying her, she sure is fast, now correct me if I am wrong but I thought the Mooney Bravo was the fastest single prop?.This Lancair kick's it's butt :).Would I be right in saying that the lancair isn't a "production" aircraft?, and the Mooney is the fastest "production" aircraft?.ThanksDan.

Guest Fly1

Hey Dan,No Problem. Understood your intent.The Lancair is an Experimental Aircraft or Homebuilt. The everyday Joe, (with lots of BUCKS) can build one of these in his garage, in about 4-6 years, and maybe 1 or 2 wives or girl friends. I believe I recently saw N540L for sale at about $150,000.00. These days the experimental industry is on the leading edge of design. Small aircraft with extraordinary performance are common. Far better than production.Check out the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) website for more info.Thanks a lot Shane!! Regarding the flashing slits, is this visible from the exterior or VC? Sounds like a part of the speedbrake. I had a problem with them when viewed from the VC, but it was fixed on my computer. Could be a graphics card issue. (Not trying to cop-out) The points for the speedbrake for the interior model seem to have a mind of there own when exporting from Gmax. I came to a happy compromise and they are OK here.Let me know.CheersBob C.

Hello Bob, with regards to your question, as far as I can tell the flashing is not visible from the VC....it is only visible when viewing the aircraft externally.Hope this helps!:)

Ark

Guest Fly1

Hmmmmm ...You might try reloading it. Due to the difference between the wing textures and the speedbrake I have noticed there may be a bit of pixelated fuzz, but I have never seen it flash. I am puzzled.What are your FS graphics settings if you don't mind posting?I will think and check on it.Thanks!!Bob C.PS - Update number 1 has been uploaded. This will make sure the refelction and chrome textures work at night. Look for Legfix1.zip.

My video card is in my signature and my settings are all maxed out in game.:)

Ark

Guest Fly1

Just wanted to bump this to advise Update 1 is now available in the file library.Thanks!!Bob C.

Hey Bob!Been a while!Just loaded the updated version into FS9....got an error on the gps195gauge....it asked me if I wanted to use it or something like that, then I got the FS has to shut down message. Any idea? And are you updating the LongEz?Thanks!