Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Lancair Legacy 2000 For FS2002 Released

Guest Fly1

Hey Jet, good to hear from you.Try the fix below for the gps problem. ----------------------------------------- If using the Legacy 2000 in FS2004 (at your own risk)If you are familiar with the FS file layout, you could revise the panel.cfg regarding the compass and gps. Copy the info below over the current compass and GPS info. The <> should be replaced with the squared brackets.For the Compass: //Replace <> with Brackets - See previous windowfile=compass.bmpsize_mm=70position=2visible=0ident=COMPASS_PANELgauge00=Magnetic_Compass!Magnetic-Compass,0,0---------------------------------------------------------------For the GPS: //Replace <> with BracketsBackground_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size= 0.400, 0.400window_pos= 0.590, 0.590gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,0---------------------------------------------------------------Should take care of it.The FS9 version is almost ready. Check the link below for paint schemes to be included.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=84379&page=Thanks for giving her a try!!Bob C.PS - I'm torn between going back and updating the Eze, or going on to next one, maybe Lancair IVP, Sentry, or fixed gear Legacy.

Thanks I'll give that a try. Do I use those lines above in place of all the current lines for each instrument, or just replace the same line for line?Another thing, I'm finding the trim way off on the aircraft in this sim....I've never been so busy messing with trim before....and I've got 5 other MS sims! (flew yours and the default DC3)How about a Velocity? One of the sexiest 4 place'rs around....fast and safe..cool doors...most have sweet leather interiors, and I know a few with Turbo'd Rotarys...about 300HP. (I'm trying hard to get MS to include Rotaries into the FM. They are growing in homebuilt use at an exponential rate!)After that the Ez....Then the IVP (awesome aircraft!)Fixed gear....Ho Hum! :D

Guest Fly1

Hey Jet,Just replace the two sections noted, as noted.As for trim, yup it needs it. Once you get to cruise it's pretty much a set thing. As with any plane, you trim it as needed depending on speed. I must say I cheat. I have a Saitek X36 system and everything is programed. Too easy, rarely touch the keyboard.Bob C.

Are you sure I don't need the "Background Color" line for the compass?What I meant on trim....when I tried taking off in the Lancair....hit Vr and nothing....kept accelerating but no lift....running outta runway...start feeding in trim...lots of it...finally lift off! (good thing it was long...KSNA)Same deal with the DC3....And both needed major changes (used to minor) depending on throttle posistion, not so much speed. I just loaded the sim a couple days ago, so I have little time in it...but seems a bit wierd IMO...Only a MS SW2PP here....

Guest simtech

My vote is for the Lancair IVP! Thanks to all who design such amazing aircraft for those of us without the talent or patience to do so. I fly mostly GA (I work for Flightsafety Int. and get all the heavy iron experience I need at work) The Lancair lets me get from point A to point B a little quicker........ and in style.

Guest Fly1

Too cool Jet.Remember, you have to plan ahead since she is so quick, and tends to be reluctant when trying to slow down. Thats the reason I put the speed brakes in. Plan it well and it's a piece of cake.CheersBob C.

Hey Bob, any significant difference between the one I have, and the one you just uploaded?Slowing her down wasn't a problem (speed brakes really took off once we started getting these composite homebuilts!) it was terrain avoidance in the dark! If you've ever been to L25, while not a real bush airport per say, in the dark (and being unfamiliar with it!) it's pretty challenging with all the surrounding peaks and in a hot aircraft! And it wasn't till I was on the ground I found out I had another notch of flap to go! LOL!Also a question, what is the prefered FDE tool these days. Any homebuilt in this class that I would build/own (actually hopeing to do that in the next 10-15 years) would have a Turbo Rotary in it...good for 250-300HP and high altitude performance. Quite a number flying in Lancairs and most every modern type of homebuilt. I'd like to tweak the powerplant parameters to match that.

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

"From point A to point B" can be even a little quicker with a supercharger added. While at Oshkosh, I talked with the folks and have several pictures and DV camcorder data. We are traveling now on vacation, (for the next three weeks) so I don't have the information, but in recalling, "all" the supercharger did in this application, was "normalize" the intake manifold pressure. By that I mean the manifold absolute pressure was boosted up to the same pressure available at sea level. May be just a little above 29.92 to allow for the power being used by the supercharger that poly vee belt driven from the crank. It won't get as good of fuel consumption because of this added power being used by the supercharger. I don't recall at what altitude manifold pressure started to decrease. I think it was about 18,000 feet. This would allow you to have a full 310 horsepower at 2700 rpm to 18,000 feet. That resulted in an airspeed of 345 or 346 mph. You will have to shorten the "time to over haul" accordingly. Parts "wear" because of load (fuel burn totals). Parts "break" because of manufacturing error or misapplication/abuse.Keep in mind, the airfile, unless BobC changed it, has the top speed limited by adding additional drag via the mach drag curve. Without correcting the mach/drag you can probably increase power to 1000 hp and still not be able to go much over 300 mph. I think I made it rather steep. ;-) Didn't have much time to do anything but look at the BobC effort before we departed on vacation.

Thanks for the info, I've never really looked into the FM much over the years.Note, I am talking Turbocharger, though benifits are very similar, the Turbo has no parisitic loss (Exhuast driven) like the Supercharger (Belt or Gear driven).The primary benefit is altidude, and higher speeds at altidude due to less drag. A 250HP Turbo engine at 10K' will operate like a 250HP NA engine speed wise....it's not until you get above 15K that the benefits really show. Most Turbo's Composites have no problem running at 22K' or more, and since they are still making close to the original 250HP (there will be some loss) at that altitide, with the corresponding drag loss (less air) they can get quite a speed use.I'm on a Homebuilt A/C list, a future 5 place composite BWB I hope to build someday. First flight due before end of year (actually had unentended flight during taxi tests!), it is planned to have a 4psi Pressurization option...will make those altitudes much more comfortable. WIth 1500+ mile range, who wants to wear Oxy masks! I forsee flights from SoCal to say St. Thomas, only three stops, flying at 20K at 250+ Cruise, above most of the weather too.Also something for Bob to think about, these days many (and most are headed that way) in the homebuilt market are using a quasey FADEC, no more manual engine controls. They are getting cheap, are much more accurate, and better for the engine. And the Panels have a few backup primary instuments, the rest on an EFIS, like the one from Blue Mountain Avionics http://bluemountainavionics.com/ (he owns a sharp Turbo Rotary powered 4 place Cozy Canard. Nice guy too.