Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Guage Clean by Scott Campbell

I guess I should be contacting Scott on this, but for the record, does anyone know if a new version of "Guage Clean" for FS2004 is in the pipeline? It's a very handy program I just cannot do without...LOL.Regards,Tom Stewart

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Tom,Well, I know of one(but I have not used it) by Alessandro Antonini available on www.flightsim.com The filename is drg32.zipFS2004 Doctor Gauge is a very simple yet functional gauge cleaner. It can delete unused gauges or move them to another directory for later restore. Fast and small size. By Alessandro Antonini.Regards,Jim

Guest John_Hirsch

Tom -I have always used JABGau98 by Jacky Brouze ever since it was released. It works for all versions of Flight Simulator. All you need do is point it to the main FS directory and it will find all gauge files within that directory, save those that are not used into a file of your choice, it shows panel errors where gauge files are missing and it points out the panels in which each gauge file is used.One thing this program does, however, is it flags cabinet files (.cab) files as missing when, in fact, they are not. These files (.cab files) were not in use back when FS98 was developed.You may D/L this archive from AVSIM at: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=4772Hope this helps,

After using Doctor Gauge, I too am waiting for another gauge program.I followed the instructions as presented, and deleted all the gauges which listed a "0" as not used in any panel. Thankfully, I put them in the moved folder, because when I returned to FS9, virtually every panel I have installed was missing at least one or more gauges that were previously there.Many of my panels have been imported from FS2K2 to FS9 and I wonder if Doctor Gauge does not recognize these as FS9 assigned. I also noticed that the Concorde Gauge was assigned to 167 panels. Found that amusing as I only have a total of 34 assigned panels.I would appreciate feedback of any type to correct me if I am not using this program correctly or to explain to me how to get it to function properly. I used "Wipe Gauges" for FS2K2 and back, which performed flawlessly. Would like to see it updated for FS9.Chris