Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

REQ: Opinions on Lagos' Roaring Thirties?

Guest jason2112

Hi!I haven't heard much about Lago's Roaring Thirties package yet. I read through their forum, there don't seem to be any problems since version 1.10. But what are these planes (Staggerwing/Gullwing) like? How are the VCs, how do they fly, what about FPS? How does the Lago Gullwing compare to Bill Lyons' Gullwing? I would really appreciate any info. Thanks in advance!VOlker :]

Guest Grey_Wolf

The Lago Reliant and The Bill and Lynn Lyons Reliant are two entirely diffrent sub models of the airplane. The Lyons model is a much earlyer variant and has everything You would expect from them. In short its superb. The Lago Reliant is nice, but just does not have the charm of the Lyons version. For me the Lyons version wins hands down. I'm still upset with the Lago staggerwing. It does not fly on the numbers that they used to creat their flight dynamics with, for example top end is listed as 200mph, where in the simulator it actually reaches 230kts. I am more happy with the 3D model than with SimTechs staggerwing. SimTech actually hit the numbers right with their Staggerwing and the 3D model is turely fantastic and frame rate friendly, but it takes an abnormally long time for it to load in Flight Simulator.Honestly in a weeks time I still fly both staggerwings, but I dont touch the Lago Reliant any more.Shortly after the Lago package came out I had done a quicky review in the bushnet fourms of all 4 of the mentioned airplanes

Guest jason2112

Thanks for the info! I'll search the bushnet forum for your review, haven't visited that forum for a long time. At the moment I'm really interested in old planes flying into small fields.I've never been too happy with Lago's planes (Twin Otter, Tornado), and on the other hand everything from Bill Lyons has been fantastic, so I guess I'll probably prefer the Lyons Stinson. But Lago has just released GeoRender 1 for FS2004, that sounds very interesting as well ... so many choices :)VOlker :]

Guest Wichita

>> I'm still upset with the Lago staggerwing. It does not fly on>the numbers that they used to creat their flight dynamics>with, for example top end is listed as 200mph, where in the>simulator it actually reaches 230kts. I am more happy with the>3D model than with SimTechs staggerwing. >Yep,the Lago Stag flies much to fast but I spent a couple of hours on the .cfg file and got it to fly pretty much to specs which is 175-176 KTAS cruise,5,000,75% power,no wind.Full speed level at 5K no wind is about 184-185. Those numbers will give you a range of about 580 NM on 100 gallons of fuel which is the tankage that the D17S came with--Lago has it with less fuel which is wrong. I've also modified the panel,added strobes-- since Lago put a strobe switch on the panel. Its a nice aircraft when it flys on the numbers.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/36785.jpgDavid

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,My vote is for the SimTech Staggerwing. I really like it a lot. Great flight dynamics, wonderful 3D model with colorful liveries. You get land and float models. It runs fine in FS2004 but they are coming out with an update to it soon for FS2004(a few more weeks yet). From their support forum there is just so much to the update that it looks like Tom Wood is redoing the whole plane. And I thought the old one was nice!JimHeres a shot of the underside of one of the military liveries from FS2002.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/36814.jpg

Guest jason2112

Thank you, that last shot is delicious! I decided to buy Lago's GeoRender 1 instead of a new plane, there are so many planes I haven't mastered yet ;) But this SimTech plane looks really good, I'll keep an eye on the FS2004 update!VOlker :]